ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Choke Tube Question...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:31 pm 
Field Grade

My choke tubes require the tool to add and remove.

I've seen others who can take out and replace their choke tubes by hand. Is that not possible on the 725 Citori?

MEC 9000
Google search to figure out how to use it

Post subject: Re: Choke Tube Question...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:55 pm 
Crown Grade

If you nuse extended chokes, it is; if you are using flush chokes, you need a tool.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

Post subject: Re: Choke Tube Question...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

If you're using Browning's extended chokes for the 725 you need a tool, because there is a sealing ring on the bottom of the choke that creates an interference fit with the bore as the choke is tightened. You can screw the choke in part way by hand, but you'll need the tool to get it all the way in and seated.

The DS chokes with the sealing ring are, in my opinion, a solution looking for a problem. That plus the strange sizing of the factory chokes would be enough reason to replace them with something that doesn't require a tool.