ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maxus Piston Assembly/Piston Sleeve
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:39 pm 
Utility Grade

Good afternoon all, new guy here.

I have a 2010 Maxus that recently had a piston spring issue (common issue so it seems) and I purchased a replacement. When it arrived, the new piston doesn't "fit" on the piston sleeve bar assembly.

The original piston fit snug on the sleeve making a one piece part that I had to use a little force to remove. The new piston just slides on it, making it a two piece part.

I'm wondering if the gun will cycle with the parts not fitting together as they did before.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Maxus Piston Assembly/Piston Sleeve
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Mine on my SX2 and SX3 just slide together. Its the same gas valve.

Post subject: Re: Maxus Piston Assembly/Piston Sleeve
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

had the same issue with my 09 Maxus thats the same part they replaced my broken one with. No issues with the upgraded one being 2 pieces.