ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: triggers on 725 breaking hard
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:50 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

After changing trigger location on my 725 the triggers are now breaking very hard. I had a rough time getting the old trigger off but that's not the issue now. The gun was sent to Briley for tubes and trigger work last year.My question is; can any gunsmith rework the triggers or is that something so complicated I have to send it back to Briley?

Post subject: Re: triggers on 725 breaking hard
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:52 am 
Presentation Grade

The rail that a Browning trigger shoe rides on usually has set points at which the trigger is supposed to sit. That small pointed set screw within the trigger shoe should be within a countersunk spot on the rail. Are you certain that your trigger shoe is sitting properly in one of those points? Is it possible that you've slid the trigger shoe too far and you're now rubbing the opening within the receiver?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the reply I will check that out, although lately the way things are going I won't be that lucky.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the reply I will check that out, although lately the way things are going I won't be that lucky.