ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tubes for Cynergy Sporting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

Hello everyone,

I love posting here rather than FaceBook as that place is nuts. People here are dedicated. A big thank you to the people keeping this site going.

On to my question... I have a Browning Cynergy Sporting with 32" barrels. I enjoy shooting the gun so much, but with my neck injury I find it punishing over say, shooting my Beretta A400. But that kind of beats my neck up too.

I love shooting my SKB 28 gauge with 30" barrels but fell in love with the idea of a 32" 28 gauge or .410 sporting gun. I have set my mind to put up my 2 28 gauge guns to purchase either a Browning 725 Sporting 28 gauge (32's), or maybe tube my Cynergy.

I know the Cynergy is nose heavy. I solved the initial issue with Müller chokes. They made a world of difference. Now, I like a forward weight bias so I understand that a lot of you think I am nuts (you'd be right). But, has anyone tubed their Cynergy? I would love feedback. I was thinking Briley Ultralights. I could get all gauges for less than the 725.

Thanks!

Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Tubes for Cynergy Sporting
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Beretta 686 and A Browning Citori. I have 28 and 410 tubes for my Beretta. Didn't get 20 gauge tubes because they have a history of splitting in heavy use and have a 20 gauge 686 I can use for that caliber. Without tubes both the Browning and Beretta balance about 1/4 inch ahead of the pivot. With tubes the Beretta is very barrel heavy. BTW, I have the Briley ultralights and the 28 gauge tube weighs in at 10.7 ounces. Haven't weighed the 410 tubes but expect they are heavier. End result is you are putting a bit more than a pound out in front on the gun.

On a positive note I don't find the poor balance to be a problem when shooting Skeet. Probably because I'm a rather new shooter and aren't skilled enough to notice the effects. It is fun shooting the 410, miss quite a few but the recoil approaches a 22 rimfire and when you do hit it means that you placed the shot perfectly. The 28 gauge is also a powder puff due to the added tube mass and the weight of a 12 gauge.

If you need a well balanced tube gun you will have to get a spare barrel set to have them converted to Receiver barrels. BTW this process is basically boring out the barrels and makes them unusable for shooting 12 gauge. By thinning the barrel walls you end up with lighter barrel tube to compensate for the weight of the tubes. It also allows for a larger diameter tube which will extend the service life for the 20 gauge tubes. Note Briley is aware of the 20 gauge issue and will replace any tube that fails.

Post subject: Re: Tubes for Cynergy Sporting
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thanks for the insight. I have ultralights in my Weatherby Master Skeet. I never shoot it as a 12 gauge so it all feels similar. They're only 28" barrels so the weight out front isn't as noticeable.

I think I am gonna go for it. I am selling my 2 28 gauge SKB's. That should pay for the tubes and then some.

Thomas Jefferson