ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Will Japanese a5 barrels fit Belgium made guns?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:30 pm 
Field Grade

I’m looking for a decent 26” I/C barrel for my 1971 A5 Light 12. About all I’m finding are Japanese made barrels for a reasonable price. Does anyone know if they will interchange?

Post subject: Re: Will Japanese a5 barrels fit Belgium made guns?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:33 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Yes.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

Boompa wrote:
I’m looking for a decent 26” I/C barrel for my 1971 A5 Light 12. About all I’m finding are Japanese made barrels for a reasonable price. Does anyone know if they will interchange?

I agree with Randy. A friend of mine has done just what you want to do. Not only with a 12 gauge but with a 20, as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:42 am 
Limited Edition

There is one minor thing to address when installing a japanese bbl. on an older FN gun. Where the magazine ring is attached on the japanese barrels it is not tapered into the barrel like the FN's. This needs to be accounted for by removing a small amount of wood in the forearm where the barrel impacts after returning to battery.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:21 am 
Field Grade

fecmech wrote:
There is one minor thing to address when installing a japanese bbl. on an older FN gun. Where the magazine ring is attached on the japanese barrels it is not tapered into the barrel like the FN's. This needs to be accounted for by removing a small amount of wood in the forearm where the barrel impacts after returning to battery.

Good to know. Thanks