ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Citori Special Sporting Vs CX
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:46 pm 
Utility Grade

I have the opportunity to buy a lightly used 32" Browning Citori Special Sporting with an adjustable comb. It is the same price as New 30" CX that I was looking to purchase. I shoot Sporting clays and Skeet. Is the special sporting the same gun as the CX but ported? I am new to this and appreciate your feedback.

Post subject: Re: Citori Special Sporting Vs CX
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:41 pm 
Field Grade

The Citori Special Sporting is very similar but not an exact copy. Gun Unlimited in Omaha sells them new for $1900 and offer an adjustable comb for $200 if that helps you determine if the used one is worth it. I’d take the CX for the vented mid barrels and the simpler receiver design.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:02 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the information. It is a tough decision between both of them. I would really like to have the opportunity to shoot them both to make my determination.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:56 pm 
Utility Grade

The CX has a vented rib between the barrels and better a recoil pad. They are both Citoris so I’m not sure was meant about the simpler receiver. I personally don’t like ported barrels on a shotgun.