ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Model 12 - 28 ga
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:56 am 
Utility Grade

I just acquired a Browning Model 12 reproduction in 28 ga. This will be an upland hunting gun and I just realized the safety is in a very difficult position to access with a gloved hand in the heat of the moment when birds flush. It appears that the giant head safeties are unobtanium in right hand (please direct me if you know of one that exists) so I'm curious if there are any other alternatives. Can I simply adhere my own fix to the existing safety (not ideal)? Has anyone come up with another great solution for this?

Post subject: Re: Browning Model 12 - 28 ga
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Gloves. The right gloves. You can use a light glove for that hand, modify existing warmer gloves, lots and lots of options available. Assuming you’re using your trigger finger for the safety, you really don’t want much in the way of insulated gloves on the part of that hand IMO.

Post subject: Re: Browning Model 12 - 28 ga
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 am 
Utility Grade

Flyingtargets! wrote:
Gloves. The right gloves. You can use a light glove for that hand, modify existing warmer gloves, lots and lots of options available. Assuming you’re using your trigger finger for the safety, you really don’t want much in the way of insulated gloves on the part of that hand IMO.

I believe your are correct here. Just ordered a light pair of OR gloves for hunting with this gun. Should do the trick.