ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: best material to shim takedown lever on forearm for a BT-99
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hello all

I have a 77 BT-99 and the forearm is is getting loose. I can pull it away from the barrel and push it back, no side to side or forwards backwards movement.

From my research and talking to guys at the range it looks like the takedown level needs to be adjusted. However on the BT-99 there is no adjustment and from some more research I did it looks like the best cheap fix is to shim the entire locking lever bracket just a tiny bit.

What would you all recommend to use material wise. I was thinking some super thin plastic I have ( think like the plastic backing for stickers and stuff like that. it is paper thin or even a tad less ) Was gonna layer it till it locked up solid ( thinking one or 2 layers will do it).

Anyways what you all think of that plan as well?

Thanks
George

Post subject: Re: best material to shim takedown lever on forearm for a BT
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

Decided to use some card stock. was thinking of using aluminum but remembered dissimilar metal corrosion so dropped that.

Anyways if someone knows of an issues with card stock let me know before I mess something up :)