Shotgun Forum banner

Remington is back!!!!

20K views 148 replies 33 participants last post by  torybird 
#1 ·
#77 ·
RandyWakeman said:
bayoushooter7 said:
The gram account used was remingtonarmscompany. An account with over 700k followers and 2k posts. The official Instagram account of America's Oldest Gunmaker.

Haters gonna hate!
It has nothing to do with Ilion and nothing to do with firearms whatsoever. Captain Obvious knows this.

The social media accounts for Remington Ammunition are all linked right on their site: https://www.remington.com/ in plain sight, right on the opening page. It is hard to miss, it says:

Thank you 007.

Check Us Out On Social

Connect with us here.

All the Remington Ammunition social media accounts have their links right there.

#78 ·
Still seems to me they're most likely to be on a track similar to Ithaca. The new operation will make some of the nostalgia products - 870s being the most notable - in wingmaster and glossier configurations, but probably only make a small fraction of the volume the old operation made. And they'll be relatively higher priced.

I welcome the return of 870s and 1100s in blue and walnut, even at $1000 or $1500, but many will miss the $250 870 Express on sale in the fall.

#79 ·
Great guns, but remember, one is a 1950 model and the other a 1963 model. They still must compete with everything else on the market including newer designs. A higher price point might make that difficult.

#80 ·
I like many here grew up surrounded by Great quality Remingtons.....I hope the New Remington can build quality guns . If I was in charge the V3 and Versa Max would be first , a new production 870 Wingmaster would probably be $999.00 .
This world is changing fast. I see Tristar now has a new wood stocked pump. It will never be an 870 but new people will never know the difference. Looks familiar doesn't It?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/897614103

#81 ·
I'd guess the reason behind starting with the 870 would likely be because there could be a quantity of parts on hand, and may take a smaller workforce to produce. Getting guns off of the assembly line and in stores to create revenue is the goal. That would make the most sense to me anyway. I hope they do start manufacturing the Versa Max and V3 again soon.

#82 ·
SHughes said:
I'd guess the reason behind starting with the 870 would likely be because there could be a quantity of parts on hand, and may take a smaller workforce to produce. Getting guns off of the assembly line and in stores to create revenue is the goal. That would make the most sense to me anyway. I hope they do start manufacturing the Versa Max and V3 again soon.
Fieldandstream.com put online April 5, that the 870, 700, and V3 will be first. That would be a good start.

If in fact they've brought some people back, are getting material, moving equipment, etc., that's called a start. The Debbie downers to any sort of good news or action need some help. Not they're a manufacturer of things such as TP, beer, or snack foods:).

Wishing them all the best, primarily for those folks who might get their jobs back, and for us who like the brand.

#83 ·
casonet said:
Great guns, but remember, one is a 1950 model and the other a 1963 model. They still must compete with everything else on the market including newer designs. A higher price point might make that difficult.
Completely right - I'm not sure what motivates someone to shell out $1200 for a "new" Ithaca based on a 100 yr old design either, but they do seem to sell enough to keep a very modest operation going. Nostalgia and nice finishes might be enough to retain some market.

#84 ·
Win50 said:
casonet said:
Completely right - I'm not sure what motivates someone to shell out $1200 for a "new" Ithaca based on a 100 yr old design either, but they do seem to sell enough to keep a very modest operation going. Nostalgia and nice finishes might be enough to retain some market.
There really is only so much manufacturers can do to update slide action guns. The most popular designs are decades old. Auto loaders are a different story, however. There are still some who prefer the 1100/1187 design, but new innovative models of all makes have long surpassed them.

#85 ·
That and those models work, and are a great value for the most part. We'll see, but generally, 'old school cool' appeals to many, and often works.

Using the 870 as an example, it's a great start for many who want a good working gun that doesn't break the bank. Yes, I know, we can jabber about the odd dog, etc., etc., etc.. at the end of the day, it's still one of the best selling most produced non military small arms in history.

#86 ·
RandyWakeman said:
bayoushooter7 said:
Employees back on Monday and firearms by the end of April! :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNNbi3hpxAT ... 8r83a07k94
You got snookered by an instagram account that is the Instagram account of Remington Ammunition, owned by Vista. It has nothing to do with any firearms at all. The "back part" is Remington ammunition.

Nice edit. Glad you changed the part stating I shared information from a "fake" instagram account. Both the remington arms and remington ammunition websites social media links send you to the same account. The original post had everything to do with firearms.

https://www.remarms.com/
https://www.remington.com/

#87 ·
casonet said:
Perhaps times are changing, but most people who are going to spend $$$ for a nice gun don't mind older designs.

I just dropped a nice chunk getting a grooved Winchester 63 for my Dad. He's always wanted one and I figured I'd better get him one before he got too old to shoot it.

When it came into the local shop, the idiot "helper" at the LGS said "You know we got a Taurus copy of that gun that looks exactly the same and I bet it's a lot cheaper!"

Unless I'm looking for POS beater gun to toss on an ATV/ UTV and beat around on the farm, ALL of the guns I'm looking for are not only old designs, but older guns. Quality control with Remington stayed up long after Winchester, High Standard, Smith and Wesson, and Colt dropped off substantially. I wouldn't even consider buying a Winchester made past the late 50's or very early 60's (even the Pre64's made towards the end got pretty shoddy), and I wouldn't want a Colt, S&W, or High Standard made past the mid 70's.

A lot of the old designs are timeless, and work fine, as long as you get the quality control that was the norm back when those designs came about.

If Remington just has some parts assemblers walk back up to the line and start slapping parts together again like they had towards the end, then Roundhill's efforts will likely be wasted. If they have some actual craftsmen there who actually fit the components together and check for fit/finish, they'll likely be able to sell some guns.

#88 ·
Jeepwm69 said:
casonet said:
Perhaps times are changing, but most people who are going to spend $$$ for a nice gun don't mind older designs.

I just dropped a nice chunk getting a grooved Winchester 63 for my Dad. He's always wanted one and I figured I'd better get him one before he got too old to shoot it.

When it came into the local shop, the idiot "helper" at the LGS said "You know we got a Taurus copy of that gun that looks exactly the same and I bet it's a lot cheaper!"

Unless I'm looking for POS beater gun to toss on an ATV/ UTV and beat around on the farm, ALL of the guns I'm looking for are not only old designs, but older guns. Quality control with Remington stayed up long after Winchester, High Standard, Smith and Wesson, and Colt dropped off substantially. I wouldn't even consider buying a Winchester made past the late 50's or very early 60's (even the Pre64's made towards the end got pretty shoddy), and I wouldn't want a Colt, S&W, or High Standard made past the mid 70's.

A lot of the old designs are timeless, and work fine, as long as you get the quality control that was the norm back when those designs came about.

If Remington just has some parts assemblers walk back up to the line and start slapping parts together again like they had towards the end, then Roundhill's efforts will likely be wasted. If they have some actual craftsmen there who actually fit the components together and check for fit/finish, they'll likely be able to sell some guns.
Agree. Earlier on it was stated that the production people would make the decision when/if the quality of the guns was such that they could go out of the door. I do hope mightily that they do that. They`re only going to get one shot at this IMO.

#89 ·
Interesting point on pump gun innovation. I think the 870 is very very usable and handles nicely. I think the nova is a more shootable gun for birds and ducks though. Points well, step rib and nearly pumps itself. Perhaps if Remington could introduce some recoil reduction like the Smurf guns have they could attract attention? Lots of well meaning people hand jr a 20ga express thinking they're doing him a favor and the poor kid gets beat to ****.

#90 ·
The newer designs are less costly to manufacture with alloy receivers, stamped parts and injection molded plastic: thus the low cost. Nothing in the world is keeping anyone from making 870s and 1100s as the patents are long expired. I think that Model 37 copies have been made in China. They could do the same with the Remington designs. Why they aren't is anyone's guess assuming that there is a good market for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.