ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1100 wood fore end
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

The last piece I need is a good wood fore end. My stock looks brand new as does the rest of the gun, so I wanted to buy a new one. Remington does not show they sell new wood ones though on the web site. Gonna call Monday and see if they do but dont list them, unless someone already knows Id be waisting my time.

Gunbroker has one for $50.00 but is looks scuffed up enough I'd have to refinish it. I also am going to check Numrich, anyone else know of other sites to check. Thanks Shane

Post subject: Re: 1100 wood fore end
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Remington has scads of fore ends. Look on the PARTS LIST.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

Go to the Remington Country Store.
Click on the Close Outs.
They had a few last week.

B.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here you go right here...

http://www.remingtoncountrystore.com/pa ... opcat=1038

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks should have looked in clearance....Got exactly what I wanted for 19.00 + ordered a few extras while I was on. Appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:33 pm 
Field Grade

The older type has that metal piece with the detent in it to lock the magazine cap on. The newer type does not and thats what you bought. So if you had the older type you will have to get that piece out of the old forearm and install in the new one. Just so you know

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

I dont have the old one. This is a Frankenstein build. I've collected enough parts to build two. One with parts and wood that have a few miles on them. And another (This one) that have parts that all look brand new to include a B or C class stock. That is why I wanted to find a nice fore-end to match. So I might have to find that piece to then.

The gun has the older two piece gas piston so I assume its older, unless someone changed it. Plus the parts came from a guy that claimed to have had them since the mid 80's and said the gun only had about 50 rds through it before the receiver cracked behind the ejection port (new enough receiver to have the relief cut behind the ejection port, but still cracked). Apparently it was out of warranty and he just put it in a safe. At some point he sold the fore-end. I still have the cracked receiver but I bought two others off gunbroker only without the crack. (although one has a suspect mag tube) I say this with tongue in cheek cuz I know this guy and all information that leaves his lips must be verified (His gun was low milage but not sure about just 50 rounds...less than 500 I would bet though.

I need to call remington about another part tomorrow I guess I better ask if they still sell that part to.

If I ever get them built I'll post some pics.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:12 am 
Tournament Grade

Remington does not have them, but they told me Midway USA does...it appears they do ordered as a special item. Thanks for the heads up. I just want to go home and look at my other old style 1100 and make sure the picture on Midway looks the same.

Shane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

For the forend you can also use a wave washer instead of the detent, Brownell's has them specifically to adapt the 11/87 style forend to the 1100. I just got some of these (3 to a pack for like $5) and they work perfect. Here's the link http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2397 ... AVE_WASHER

Very Funny Scotty, now beam up my clothes!