ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194
 Post subject: Re: Versa Max
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:47 am 
Field Grade

Fragmetize wrote:
My plug is fine with 2 3/4, I just barely can't get the third one in.

As for the bolt handle, I have heard of the problem, but not for a while. I assume rem have fixed it. I have never had the bolt handle come out

Cool thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:26 pm 
Limited Edition

gvanek wrote:
gvanek wrote:
Soooo...I hunted with the “new” sportsman mentioned above last week. Everything worked fine...Black Cloud 3” No. 2’s. Pull trigger, ducks fall. ( oK...not everytime, but...)

I couldn’t unload the magazine at the end of the hunt. The last shell just would not release. I finally had to chamber a shell and fire it to get the last shell out of the magazine.

I contacted Remington and spoke to Sarah, an extremely helpful young lady. She is sending me a new magazine spring and shell latch. Hopefully this will resolve this issue.

Will advise.

I installed the new, longer, magazine spring. It’s noticeably stiffer when loading shells.

Everything worked well.

Problem solved.

I had the problem of cartridges not feeding properly on the new (to me) LH model. Gunsmith ended up replacing the original magazine spring with one for a 1100 which is purportedly longer and stronger than the VM one. Looks like it took care of the feeding issue as I really like the way she feels, points and shoots but being a single shot wasn't working.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:36 am 
Field Grade

Gun finally came in! (If I could figure out how to upload pics I would, keeps saying file too large)

Haven't shot it yet but did test out the plug issue I mentioned.. no problem here. 2 3/4 and 3" shells were legal, and I'm sure 3 1/2 will be too

I knew my friends were idiots :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194