ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next
 Post subject: Re: Versa Max
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:00 am 
Utility Grade

I probably wouldn't have a Versa Max if it wasn't for this thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:22 am 
Presentation Grade

Lol. A couple weeks to go....or just go buy the gun already like the rest of us did ;-)
Most if us bought the gun because of this thread

2019 Henry H001L
2018 Henry US survival rifle
2017 Browning 725 sporting
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 am 
Crown Grade

Fragmetize wrote:

Did you read all 192 pages? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am 
Utility Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Fragmetize wrote:

it was only 183 pages back then, but yeah, I did ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 pm 
Utility Grade

kuffs06 wrote:
Lol. A couple weeks to go....or just go buy the gun already like the rest of us did ;-)
Most if us bought the gun because of this thread

Bought a Competition Tactical one used a few months ago after shooting a friends.
I didnt even want a Tactical one just found a good deal on a used one so I jumped on it. Already have a 28" barrel for upland game and changed out the 10rd tube for a regular one. Had the lifter welded up as well.

Just got a Couple barrels cut down to 19" and threaded for chokes for my bed gun.

Still have about 80 pages to get through til I'm all caught up.

Last edited by BajaJames on Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am 
Utility Grade

Fragmetize wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Fragmetize wrote:

it was only 183 pages back then, but yeah, I did ;)

Thanks to this information-rich thread by the late Tujays, I got my VM back when the thread was in it's infancy...page 67 or so.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

I got it when it was in the 30’s. Much easier to read back then

2019 Henry H001L
2018 Henry US survival rifle
2017 Browning 725 sporting
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:48 pm 
Utility Grade

All caught up.

TuJays was a great asset to this community and May he Rest in Peace. I hope with all his involvement in his community that the trap teams remember him for many years to come.

As for my VM.

I will have to take some pictures but it had a weird ding on the inside of the receiver where is looks like the bolt hit with what was probably a primer and took a small chunk out of the side. I thought it was the firing pin retainer but its not in the same area.

So I actually Have a 28" barrel that was from one of the MODB guns I had cerakoted Black with the nice nickel finish on the end.
As well as the 22" Tactical barrel it came with.
I have a 26" black barrel that must of come off of a sportsman as its finish is showing some rust.
I also have 2 now 19" barrels that were cut down and threaded from other 28" barrels a real tree and mossy oak camo barrels that are out for cerakote now.

Now to start the read on the V3......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:31 am 
Utility Grade

I also get an occasional hangup now with the welded lifter I think I may have the deubrr the side of the chamber where the bolt/ extractor make contact with the barrel.
Anyone had to do that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:16 am 
Utility Grade

I'd actually like to see a good thread on the V3. I think it might be a good fit for my wife when she feels ready to upgrade from her pump.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Can someone advise me on what parts I need to purchase to convert my VM standard bolt release button to the larger tactical style?

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:11 pm 
Utility Grade

Fragmetize wrote:
I'd actually like to see a good thread on the V3. I think it might be a good fit for my wife when she feels ready to upgrade from her pump.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... &start=180

another good one 92 pages to read through.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:59 pm 
Utility Grade

[THUMBS UP SIGN]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

casonet wrote:
Can someone advise me on what parts I need to purchase to convert my VM standard bolt release button to the larger tactical style?

Versa Max Tactical Feed Latch Assembly
http://www.remington.com/shop/Versa-Max ... /p/F405391

Versa Max Feed Latch Button Screw
http://www.remington.com/shop/Versa-Max ... /p/F405389

Versa Max Button Face - Tactical
http://www.remington.com/shop/Versa-Max ... /p/F405390

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thank you!

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:37 pm 
Field Grade

Has anyone put Boyd's furniture on a Versamax Synthetic? Boyd's only lists the Sportsman. I want a Versamax, but I really want wood furniture on it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:05 pm 
Field Grade

I had bought my versamax about a year and a half ago used, I got a great deal on it. I took it shooting and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I have been shooting shotguns for over twenty years and I was missing shots I knew I should have hit. I patterned it and found out it was shooting 12-16 inches to the right depending on ammo. I contacted Remington they had me send it in and discovered the barrel was out of spec. They replaced it and it has been good to me ever since. I have shot close to 2,000 rounds out of it since without a hiccup. i even shot 7/8 ounce loads to see if it would cycle and it did no problem. I talk this gun up to anyone who will listen. Remington hit a home run with this gun I am not sure why I don't see more on the gun racks at the range. I have shot the Beretta's, Franchi's and other semi auto's and the versamax outperforms them all. I love this gun and I am glad I found it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:43 pm 
Limited Edition

I did not read the whole thread. Love my VM water fowl pro. Only 2 small issues. My forearm is loose at the rear where it mates with the action. Sent in to Rem, they put some sticky tape sort of like weatherstrip to keep it from wiggling. Until it came off, about 3 weeks. There was a note on invoice when it came back that a new forearm would be available soon. This was in May. Unfortunately, parts knows nothing about any new part # for the forearm S of Sept 3.

My Allen head stock bolt kept loosening up but blue loctite fixed that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:39 pm 
Utility Grade

Tujays found a fix for the loose forearm issue. Just stand the gun on a solid surface, grasp the forearm and press down into the stock (like if you were pumping a pump gun) and you will be able to screw the en cap one or two more clicks.

No more loose forearm. Works like a charm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:03 pm 
Field Grade

Fragmetize wrote:
Tujays found a fix for the loose forearm issue. Just stand the gun on a solid surface, grasp the forearm and press down into the stock (like if you were pumping a pump gun) and you will be able to screw the en cap one or two more clicks.

No more loose forearm. Works like a charm

Thank you, this does help some. I bought a new versamax synthetic yesterday. It really ought to have something to locate the fore end to the reciever. I'll study it more. I'm thinking of mixing some epoxy and carbon fiber to make something. This is going to wear the finish off of the reciever the way it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next