ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 11-87 Premier Super Mag Problems
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Ok, so I like others have had some problems with my 11-87 Premier super mag over the past couple of years. A couple of years ago the extractor broke. Had to replace plunger, extractor, and spring when that happened, no huge deal, but just the point. Then I had to replace the feed latch, which I was told is a common problem. And now, after disassembly of the gun I have found another problem. The breech bolt assembly is broke, on the side that you can't see when it is assembled. I decided to take it all apart once again, as it needed cleaning, and I had noticed the cycling of the shells sounded a little sluggish, and it actually jammed on me the last time it was fired, but I think I have found the culprit.

Could that hairline crack in the breech bolt cause it to be sluggish on cycling the shells?

Also I noticed that the slot in the receiver where the action bar slides back on is marred a little but, and I am sure that is not good either. Can I take a file or a dremel and debur it to try to make it smoother? I don't want to cause more problems, so I thought I should ask.

Also, one last question, where can you get the bolt assembly, besides Brownells? It looks like the one for the supermag premier is on backorder. I have not called them to see an anticipated ship time, but I thought I would check here for other sources first.

Thanks in advance.....signed, frustrated remington owner....

I am going to try to post some pictures in a few so people can get an idea.

Post subject: Re: 11-87 Premier Super Mag Problems
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:15 am 
Utility Grade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:18 pm 
Utility Grade

Anyone deal with Midway USA? Looks like they have it in stock.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ever call Remington? They are usually cheaper, too, especially on shipping. Parts are not their main profit center. That broken bolt is a real baddie. Never seen that one before. That could be causing anything. I wouldn't go taking a Dremel to anything unless you REALLY know what you are doing. All those parts are supposed to slide over each other, and they will show some surface wear as a natural course, but all the little subtle angles have a purpose. I would start with a thorough cleaning and light lubrication with RemOIl.
On occasion, I have called Remington, and when I explained politely I had a guy with a gun down, yada, yada, they found the part I needed, even though it was showing zero in stock.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:30 pm 
Utility Grade

Called remington. Looks like it will be march before it comes in, but I have it ordered. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:29 pm 
Utility Grade

This is a very delayed response but I have several intact (no cracks) bolts for the rem 11-87 super mag