ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Are we discussing Remington bankruptcy yet?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am 
Diamond Grade

As a shooting enthusiast and NY resident, it is sad news for sure. :(

It is interesting to now go back and re-read this entire thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am 
Crown Grade

Dward wrote:
Fox is reporting the story this morning. Their source is saying the company may be separated and sold individually. Sad day.

Not sure I quite understand " separated and sold individually " . To what does that refer?

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 am 
Diamond Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
Dward wrote:
Fox is reporting the story this morning. Their source is saying the company may be separated and sold individually. Sad day.

Not sure I quite understand " separated and sold individually " . To what does that refer?

Firearms and ammunition.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:23 am 
Crown Grade

desmobob wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
Dward wrote:

Firearms and ammunition.

Got it. Thank you sir.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:50 am 
Diamond Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
Got it. Thank you sir.

You're welcome. I don't know anything about the situation other than what I read in the news this morning....

The manufacturer's firearms and ammunition businesses could be sold off separately, according to a person familiar with the matter. --from Foxnews.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:59 am 
Diamond Grade

According to the Fox News article, negotiations with the Navajo Nation collapsed and there was no back up buyer. According to court filings, sales are 1/2 what they were in 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 am 
Crown Grade

Patently Obvious wrote:
According to the Fox News article, negotiations with the Navajo Nation collapsed and there was no back up buyer. According to court filings, sales are 1/2 what they were in 2016.

Bloomberg has reported another confidential potential buyer with whom Remington is in negotiations. So, who knows for sure what`s truly accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:23 am 
Presentation Grade

I registered a class 3 SBS police 870 shotgun last year with the ATF and purchased my parts directly from the Remington Defense Department in North Carolina since I had a tax stamp to finish the process. Their staff made an exception to help me since I already my approved tax stamp since they normally only deal with the police and military. At that time, everything was so backed up with parts being manufactured and the process was slow. The staff charged me the same rates as police and military so I got a great discount. The staff were so easy to work with and they went out of their way to help me complete the process with all the red tape and transactions. It literally makes me sick to my stomach to see a company that has been around for so long and the generations of families that have shared hunting/trap shooting times using Remington firearms come to this. 2020 has not been a good year for all of us. On a side note, I do want to personally thank the staff at the Defense Department [if they visit this website] for helping me in completing my 870 project and your exceptional customer service will never be forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:40 am 
Presentation Grade

The Navajo's may wind up with it after all once the dust settles.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:56 am 
Crown Grade

mea culpa wrote:
The Navajo's may wind up with it after all once the dust settles.

I think it`s safe to say anything`s possible at this stage. I think the term is " fluid "? JMHO, but I think that there will still be firearms manufactured with " Remington " stamped on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks to all those corporate raiders. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:47 am 
Crown Grade

Is Remington a union shop?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:50 am 
Presentation Grade

Another advantage of Tribal ownership may be that, if I recall correctly, a Tribal entity can only be sued in Tribal court. But, it’s been several years since I had dealings with a Nation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Geez... limited liability against spurious suits, limited regulatory burden, limited taxation, and an emphasis on local rather than federal oversight.

Who’d have ever imagined letting private industry operate under a model like that. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 pm 
Crown Grade

spad124 wrote:
Another advantage of Tribal ownership may be that, if I recall correctly, a Tribal entity can only be sued in Tribal court. But, it’s been several years since I had dealings with a Nation

I think I`ve seen where the negotiation with the Navajo Nation has broken off. It was only a gut feeling mind, but I really was wondering if that wouldn`t have been a good thing for Remington. Maybe they`ll pick up again?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

I suspect they'll carve up the carcass and sell off pieces with the litigation liability plaintiffs left in the wake along the way. Parts of the company may well end up in the Land of Enchantment. IIRC, Marlin's custom shop and Dakota are in the same facility so those may go as a package, hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:38 pm 
Crown Grade

mea culpa wrote:
I suspect they'll carve up the carcass and sell off pieces with the litigation liability plaintiffs left in the wake along the way. Parts of the company may well end up in the Land of Enchantment. IIRC, Marlin's custom shop and Dakota are in the same facility so those may go as a package, hopefully.

Could well happen. Remington Arms may truly end up being solely " Remington Arms " . It will indeed be interesting to see who/what ends up owning that " division ". When the dust settles that might not be a bad thing, depending of course on the controlling interests. Could it be any worse than Cerberus? Hard to imagine that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:29 pm 
Crown Grade

I am hoping for the best outcome possible. Remington has been around for a very long time and I personally have always liked the products from them I have owned. They have been a tremendous influence to gun making in this country and elsewhere.

I agree with Tide in that I don't understand why anyone would be rooting against them especially in these trying times for employers and employees. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 am 
Tournament Grade

This could be a bad thing, or it could lead to new start for Remington, which was needed.

With the issues they've had since Cerberus, maybe this will "wipe the slate clean" and someone competent will be in charge.

I wonder if the "lifetime warranty" that has been touted as the solution to crappy quality control will remain in effect with the new owners. My guess is it won't.

The designs are too good to give up, so surely someone will keep the company itself going. The question is, will the run the company well. As someone said above, I can't imagine anything being worse than what Cerberus did.

The Remington Ammo plant is in my home state of Arkansas. Remington ammo certainly isn't what it used to be, but I know folks who work there and hate the uncertainty they must be facing. Hopefully the new owners will bring it back to its former glory.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jeepwm69 wrote:
This could be a bad thing, or it could lead to new start for Remington, which was needed.

With the issues they've had since Cerberus, maybe this will "wipe the slate clean" and someone competent will be in charge.

I wonder if the "lifetime warranty" that has been touted as the solution to crappy quality control will remain in effect with the new owners. My guess is it won't.

The designs are too good to give up, so surely someone will keep the company itself going. The question is, will the run the company well. As someone said above, I can't imagine anything being worse than what Cerberus did.

The Remington Ammo plant is in my home state of Arkansas. Remington ammo certainly isn't what it used to be, but I know folks who work there and hate the uncertainty they must be facing. Hopefully the new owners will bring it back to its former glory.

What's wrong with Remington ammunition? I don't shoot a great deal of it, but have no complaints about the STS, Gun Club and Game Load shotgun shells or the .30-30 and .35 Remington rifle cartridges I've shot during the last few years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next