ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Are we discussing Remington bankruptcy yet?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 am 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
Jeepwm69 wrote:
This could be a bad thing, or it could lead to new start for Remington, which was needed.

With the issues they've had since Cerberus, maybe this will "wipe the slate clean" and someone competent will be in charge.

I wonder if the "lifetime warranty" that has been touted as the solution to crappy quality control will remain in effect with the new owners. My guess is it won't.

The designs are too good to give up, so surely someone will keep the company itself going. The question is, will the run the company well. As someone said above, I can't imagine anything being worse than what Cerberus did.

The Remington Ammo plant is in my home state of Arkansas. Remington ammo certainly isn't what it used to be, but I know folks who work there and hate the uncertainty they must be facing. Hopefully the new owners will bring it back to its former glory.

What's wrong with Remington ammunition? I don't shoot a great deal of it, but have no complaints about the STS, Gun Club and Game Load shotgun shells or the .30-30 and .35 Remington rifle cartridges I've shot during the last few years.

Ditto. I have shot, and continue to shoot, Remington shells and have had absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:22 pm 
Crown Grade

Jeepwm69 wrote:
This could be a bad thing, or it could lead to new start for Remington, which was needed.

With the issues they've had since Cerberus, maybe this will "wipe the slate clean" and someone competent will be in charge.

I wonder if the "lifetime warranty" that has been touted as the solution to crappy quality control will remain in effect with the new owners. My guess is it won't.

The designs are too good to give up, so surely someone will keep the company itself going. The question is, will the run the company well. As someone said above, I can't imagine anything being worse than what Cerberus did.

The Remington Ammo plant is in my home state of Arkansas. Remington ammo certainly isn't what it used to be, but I know folks who work there and hate the uncertainty they must be facing. Hopefully the new owners will bring it back to its former glory.

I used to shoot at the Remington Gun Club when I was stationed at Little Rock AFB.
Very nice club!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 pm 
Utility Grade

The Navajo nation having $300m to invest in this is surprising, considering the conditions many of their tribe members are living in. If this deal doesn’t work out in their favor, I hope they come up with a better one that does benefit them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:13 pm 
Crown Grade

pump shooter wrote:
The Navajo nation having $300m to invest in this is surprising, considering the conditions many of their tribe members are living in. If this deal doesn’t work out in their favor, I hope they come up with a better one that does benefit them.

Me too, for both Remington and the Nation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

pump shooter wrote:

Are they entitled to reparations too?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:39 pm 
Limited Edition

They’re getting them....with every turn on their slot machines.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm 
Crown Grade

The Remington "Target" .22 ammo I had was junk. Lots of misfires.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:13 am 
Utility Grade

lossking wrote:
pump shooter wrote:

Are they entitled to reparations too?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
lossking wrote:
Jeepwm69 wrote:

What's wrong with Remington ammunition? I don't shoot a great deal of it, but have no complaints about the STS, Gun Club and Game Load shotgun shells or the .30-30 and .35 Remington rifle cartridges I've shot during the last few years.

Ditto. I have shot, and continue to shoot, Remington shells and have had absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I had the luxury of growing up shooting the old man's ammo. Remington std vel 22 from the 70's was consistent, accurate, and utterly reliable. Just off the box, regular old 22 ammo. It was great back then. Every box of Remington 22 ammo I've bought in the last 15 years has been JUNK. Misfires, inconsistent charges. Bang BANG, plup, BANG, pop Bang.

The centerfire pistol and rifle ammo gives the imported junk from Tula and Sellier and Belliot a run for the money when it comes to shooting dirty. At first I thought it was just the UMC stuff, but the green box has proven to be little better. Big inconsistencies in performance and accuracy from time to time too. The brass is great stuff to reload, but I don't buy factory loaded Remington ammo anymore.

I will say I haven't had any issues with the shotgun shells, and given that this site is a shotgun site, I can see where my comment might be seen as "off". I rarely buy Remington shotgun shells simply because Winchester and Federal are more readily available in my area, but the Remington shells I have bought haven't given me any problems.

I have better performance out of 30+ year old surplus ammo from third world countries than I do with Remington centerfire rifle/pistol ammo or rimfire ammo.

Not sure if they're running on worn out equipment or what, but the quality that used to be there is not anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Can`t comment on Remington rifle or handgun ammunition as I`ve never owned either, the only rifles and pistols I`ve ever shot to any extent having belonged to the government.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Tidefanatic wrote:
Can`t comment on Remington rifle or handgun ammunition as I`ve never owned either, the only rifles and pistols I`ve ever shot to any extent having belonged to the government.

The Rifle and 9mm ammo is good stuff !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9