ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Are we discussing Remington bankruptcy yet?
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:44 am 
Crown Grade

southdakbearfan wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
mea culpa wrote:
Maybe, I should try crowing like a rooster?

Or just stick to things you actually know about. You must have some mighty big axe you’re grinding. Which would be fine if it was remotely relevant.

1) Remington isn’t in BR
2) No ‘creditors’ are directing them
3) They’re turning out decent guns for the money.

Actually, the creditors who include JP Morgan, Franklin Assets among others do own them and replaced their board of directors with their own people.

Hopefully they can turn it around but their fit, finish and quality dropped and they really hosed up Marlin under Cerberus.

This is something that`s interested me. What would the Remington " turn around " look like to those who continue to question and criticize Remington`s fit, finish, and quality? We are now 2+ years post Cerberus. I assume that many who hold Remington in disdain will never buy another Remington gun. How will they know if things have improved? That`s assuming that things were really so awfully bad in the first place. I can`t imagine that someone sets time out of their life to every 6 months go to their local gun store to handle the newest Remington arrivals to see if Remington has " turned it around". I know that there have been issues in the past with some Remington rifles and I believe handguns. I`m talking solely about shotguns. Remington`s not a perfect company, none are that I`m aware of.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:22 pm 
Field Grade

Being a youth/high school trap coach I get to see and handle quite a few new guns each year as we have about 50 kids shooting and for the youngsters the 870 youth 20 express is probably the most common one shot, 2nd would be the mossberg youth 20. Minor QC issues (chamber polish, shell hang up within action on sharp edges, etc have been fairly common in the express and youth express shotguns). I believe most of their issues are due to cost cutting measures prior to and during bankruptcy and staff turnover, but I would not expect to have to thoroughly polish chambers and go through actions for sharp edges on a brand new shotgun. That said, once they are cleaned up they are pretty bullet proof.

I have not looked at any yet this year as our season was cancelled due to covid.

I own numerous remington shotguns and rifles, older and newer, and wouldn't be afraid to purchase any of them again.

The newer marlin products I have handled, in comparison to the older aren't even close and I would not purchase one.

It was never a product issue that hurt them, the parent company fleeced them because they were so profitable and stuck them with a turd. The debt turd caused them to cut corners, cost and personnel which in turn messed with quality. It does take a little while to fix all that, especially when you lose a lot of good personnel.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:28 pm 
Crown Grade

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that there have been gun company "errors" in their product line from nearly all gun makers. Among the most common shotgun manufacturing houses of Mossberg, Savage, Browning, Remington, Winchester, Beretta and Yes, even Benelli, have all produced some low quality and ill conceived products. Those models/products of course have floundered in the market place.

All of the aforementioned makers have also turned out some real great gems! Guns we still use, buy and covet today. Why then single out Remington? I know this old thread is about their past bankruptcy but that is only part of the issues that can effect quality. It seems to me that the important thing is what is currently being done by any respective gun maker. Is Remington making shotguns that are a great value for the average Joe, and striving real hard to provide good customer service after the sale?

If your answer is No Way! Then it is an easy decision for you to not buy any Remington products. No further mental gymnastics or concern required. The market place will determine what is a good value and what is not. If a product/model endures, then rest assured that it is a solid value in its niche of like products.

I can say from my experience that I have had good and bad experience from many different models of shotguns from many different makers; some of which were priced well above the average. None of the ones who produce products for the masses can credibly say otherwise. So be it.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:55 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Remington makes more shotguns in the United States than anyone-- it isn't even close. No one else has a written lifetime warranty on their shotguns except for Caesar Guerini.

Thanks to NY, Remington won't be able to make enough shotguns this year to fill all of their backorders-- Remington is sold out. It should surprise no one that every Remington that has 'tactical' or looks like an HD firearm is hard to find.

The TAC-13 has an MRSP of $915: https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13 People want them so bad that they are selling for about TWICE MSRP: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867816622 . This has been going on for a while.

If someone is really worried about financials, then they might want to obsess over Sears, Hertz, J. C. Penny, cruise ships, or airlines. Remington's business is balls-out strong and their owners aren't selling.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 pm 
Limited Edition

Rooster booster wrote:
I wonder how many of you fellers actually go shoot and hunt? That’s fine, but being owned by a former creditor is hardly the same as being run by creditors while in BR.

And if you’re looking for old times nostalgia, yeah, maybe they ‘ruined’ Marlin. Have you seen some of the Marlins after getting the Sturgis treatment?

I’m not sure many of you whiners would actually know ‘quality’ if it hit you upside the head.....

Today, I purchased a LH Versamax. That’s the fifth Remington firearm I’ve bought in the past twelve months, all from the same LGS. Your definition of whining doesn’t fit here.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:23 pm 
Limited Edition

IMO, the basis for the resurrection of this thread is why, two plus years after bankruptcy has no buyer come forward? The books must smell to high heaven.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:48 pm 
Crown Grade

mea culpa wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
I wonder how many of you fellers actually go shoot and hunt? That’s fine, but being owned by a former creditor is hardly the same as being run by creditors while in BR.

And if you’re looking for old times nostalgia, yeah, maybe they ‘ruined’ Marlin. Have you seen some of the Marlins after getting the Sturgis treatment?

I’m not sure many of you whiners would actually know ‘quality’ if it hit you upside the head.....

Today, I purchased a LH Versamax. That’s the fifth Remington firearm I’ve bought in the past twelve months, all from the same LGS. Your definition of whining doesn’t fit here.

Ok, if you feel the quality has slipped so much, yet you still keep buying?.........

Makes perfect sense. Good luck with your, well, whatever it is.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:08 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mea culpa wrote:
IMO, the basis for the resurrection of this thread is why, two plus years after bankruptcy has no buyer come forward? The books must smell to high heaven.

Did you hit your head or something? It is beyond weird to spout baseless tripe like this. It is also completely wrong. Navajo Nation offered up to $525 million in cash for Remington two years ago and it was rejected. Remington is not actively seeking buyers. The 'smell' you're imagining is from your own rude posting rants, not from the books you have no clue about.

It is pretty goofy to get on a "I LOVE my Remington" and just post lie after lie after lie. It is sad. Sorry to disappoint, but Remington isn't for sale, they sell more than they make, they have a huge backlog, and Remington ammo including Barnes is extremely successful.

They have done so well, as a matter of fact, that by this fall everyone will see new models, new ammo offerings, that's just the beginning . . . and, that's just shotguns.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 am 
Limited Edition

RandyWakeman wrote:
mea culpa wrote:

Did you hit your head or something? It is beyond weird to spout baseless tripe like this. It is also completely wrong. Navajo Nation offered up to $525 million in cash for Remington two years ago and it was rejected. Remington is not actively seeking buyers. The 'smell' you're imagining is from your own rude posting rants, not from the books you have no clue about.

It is pretty goofy to get on a "I LOVE my Remington" and just post lie after lie after lie. It is sad. Sorry to disappoint, but Remington isn't for sale, they sell more than they make, they have a huge backlog, and Remington ammo including Barnes is extremely successful.

They have done so well, as a matter of fact, that by this fall everyone will see new models, new ammo offerings, that's just the beginning . . . and, that's just shotguns.

Don’t you think the $950 million in debt had something to do with the creditors rejecting the $525 million offer?

As far as baseless rants and lies after lies, do a search of your own post history, start at the I Love my Benelli forum....and get a mirror.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:20 am 
Crown Grade

Mea Culpa,

I think what Randy was referring to in your post was a possible violation of the following rule in these "I Love My..." forums. Check it out. It is from the Site Administrator and I have highlighted the operative sentence. Take care.

"All,
The "I Love My..." section of the Shotgunworld Forums is intended to be a place for those with a fondness or avid interest, in a particular brand, to discuss them. These forums should be thought of as 'clubs' modeled after the many car clubs in the U.S.
Continuous bashing of these brands will not be welcome nor tolerated."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:33 am 
Tournament Grade

I hope Remington stays around for a while.....I got a Memorial day sale E-mail and ordered a magazine extension for My V-3 . the 18" barrels are back in stock as well.. :) .

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:09 am 
Crown Grade

.45colt wrote:
I hope Remington stays around for a while.....I got a Memorial day sale E-mail and ordered a magazine extension for My V-3 . the 18" barrels are back in stock as well.. :) .

.45 colt,

That should make an awesome HD gun, plus cheaper and easier to shoot well than the TAC 14.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:17 am 
Tournament Grade

Yep, I'm hoping that they start to sell the 22" barrels soon. for the time being I'll leave the 26" on it as I want the ability to change the choke if needed.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:43 am 
Limited Edition

oyeme wrote:
Mea Culpa,

I think what Randy was referring to in your post was a possible violation of the following rule in these "I Love My..." forums. Check it out. It is from the Site Administrator and I have highlighted the operative sentence. Take care.

"All,
The "I Love My..." section of the Shotgunworld Forums is intended to be a place for those with a fondness or avid interest, in a particular brand, to discuss them. These forums should be thought of as 'clubs' modeled after the many car clubs in the U.S.
Continuous bashing of these brands will not be welcome nor tolerated."

Oyeme,

I totally understand the parameters of the “I LOVE my...” forums and my previous post was to illustrate that what’s sauce for the goose ought be sauce for the gander. It is entirely possible to “love” someone or something but not “like” certain aspects about someone or something. Any parent that has reared kids, especially during their teenage years knows full well what that means. IMO, these particular forums will be diminished if they are allowed to simply become groupthink/groupspeak tanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:50 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mea culpa wrote:

Don’t you think the $950 million in debt had something to do with the creditors rejecting the $525 million offer?

Google is your friend. Where would you dream up $950 million? Remington exited Chapter 11 in less than two months-- public information. That was in May of 2018. Some including Navajo Nation have tried to buy Remington AFTER the Ch. 11, but Remington isn't for sale.

Remington is extremely successful today and making a lot of money. No one (in their right mind) would want to sell a company that is returning large profits to their owners and investors.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

.45colt wrote:
I hope Remington stays around for a while.

They have been around since 1816. Isn't that a while? Today, they are streamlined and making money-- from Alabama, from Arkansas, from Utah, and from New York. Remington is in far better shape today than they have been in several decades.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:08 am 
Crown Grade

mea culpa wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:

Well mea, Remington must be doing something right, huh?

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:26 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mea culpa wrote:
What new product lines has Remington came out with, post-bankruptcy?

See https://www.remington.com/ .

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:21 am 
Crown Grade

Is my 1966 1100 mag covered by warranty?
Just asking?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:43 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Dr Duk wrote:
Is my 1966 1100 mag covered by warranty?
Just asking?

:roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next