ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington V3 Canadian warranty
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:55 pm 
Field Grade

Has anybody had experience with accessing warranty work for a V3 bought and used in Canada. i am having issues with blow back and with feeding shells into the magazine.

Post subject: Re: Remington V3 Canadian warranty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

Hey, I haven’t been on in a while so this is the first time I’m seeing your question… I can’t believe nobody else from Canada answered you… LOL.
I have used Remington Canada‘s warranty on several occasions with other guns… They’ve always been great. It is the Gravel agency out of Quebec. With the last 10 years or probably more I had to send three guns back. In every occasion communication was great and to be honest, they sent me a new gun every time.
When was the 20 gauge 1187 that had a loose barrel. The other was a Remington 700 but the finish was not good… The final one was the Versamax.

2018 Chiappa little badger
2017 Browning 725 sporting
2016 Remington V3 MOSGB
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:43 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks very much for the info kuffs06-much appreciated. I will give them a call.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:03 am 
Presentation Grade

What year is yours? I’m assuming it’s black synthetic or the camo. Does it have the vented gas blocks?

2016 Remington V3 MOSGB
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:41 pm 
Field Grade

Bought in April 2016. Black synthetic .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

Mine is 2016 too. Are you only noticing it now it did you always have blowback. To be honest mine does it once in a blue moon so I never really worried about it.
I also notice that loading the mag I get one that is a little harder to put in once in a while. Again, so rarely o never really worried about it.

2016 Remington V3 MOSGB
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

Last edited by kuffs06 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Skrippa wrote:
Has anybody had experience with accessing warranty work for a V3 bought and used in Canada. i am having issues with blow back and with feeding shells into the magazine.

That can be a minor issue but Remington will tell you that there is nothing they can do as it is in the design. Don't know why, but that is what they said. I have found that if I line up the shell to the bottom opening edge of the magazine and then push the shells in without any hesitation, I don't get that sudden stop or resistance. It works but you have to watch what you are doing until you get used to it.

Good luck and if you find out something different, please let us know.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

oyeme wrote:
Skrippa wrote:

That can be a minor issue but Remington will tell you that there is nothing they can do as it is in the design. Don't know why, but that is what they said. I have found that if I line up the shell to the bottom opening edge of the magazine and then push the shells in without any hesitation, I don't get that sudden stop or resistance. It works but you have to watch what you are doing until you get used to it.

Good luck and if you find out something different, please let us know.

Ditto as to what oyeme had to say concerning shells into the magazine. You have to be a bit deliberate, line up the shells as he describes, and shove them into the magazine with some authority until you hear the shell latch click. Once you become accustomed to doing it ( which I found to happen rather quickly ), no more issue.

Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 pm 
Field Grade

Blowback is intermittent but concerned that it might get worse.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Skrippa wrote:
Blowback is intermittent but concerned that it might get worse.

I am no expert but I cannot logically understand why the intermittent nature of the "blow back" would or could get worse. Nothing will have worn or have changed on the gun, so why would it get worse? Is the intermittent nature tied to any wind conditions? The reason I ask is some have said they get a bit of the blow back with a strong wind or breeze into them. If that is the case, I am sure that would also occur with any gas operated gun.

If you are simply trying to have Remington verify that you have the latest non vented plugs, you can do that for yourself. Here are two in-depth articles by our own Randy Wakeman on the subject. Good luck!

http://randywakeman.com/AnalysisGasandRemingtonV3.htm

http://randywakeman.com/TheRemingtonV3B ... ussion.htm