ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: V3 how is it going.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 am 
Field Grade

For those that shoot a V3 could you comment how long you have had the gun and how many shells you think you have ran through it.

Comments about reliability and durability are game also.

Thnaks, Doc

Post subject: Re: V3 how is it going.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:24 am 
Field Grade

Doc090107 wrote:
For those that shoot a V3 could you comment how long you have had the gun and how many shells you think you have ran through it.

Comments about reliability and durability are game also.

Thnaks, Doc

Just picked one up about a week ago . I was influenced by all of the positive reviews posted here. I must say it handles very nicely . I only have about 25 rounds thru it .Heavy duck loads and it shoots soft . I like it every bit as much as my A400 's as far as handling and pointability. It should be a real nice duck gun if it holds up when the weather gets dirty. I got mine in the timber and patriot brown color which is the darker of all the versions .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:45 am 
Crown Grade

Can`t really comment on long term reliability as I only have a couple of flats or so of rounds through my walnut, but can say that the gun functioned perfectly right out of the box ( after an initial cleaning of course that all new guns should get ). I`ve not shot light target loads, but I`ve yet to have any[b] jams with 1 1/8 oz Gun Clubs. As others have said, it`s a [b]very soft shooting gun. I have, however, run a couple of 3" turkey loads through it. As opposed to my 870 Super Mag ( AKA the Mad Mule ), no need for a Limbsaver here! I`m a bit surprised that so far none of the SW crowd that do have extensive shooting experience with the V3 have not chimed in. I`m sure they will. So far, I think it`s an excellent gun, made even more so at its price point.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:57 am 
Presentation Grade

Ive had it since it came out in 2016.... I honestly havent done much hunting with it aside from taking it for deer a few times in which I never shot a deer with it.
I shoot a lot of skeet, trap and 5 stand. Id say at least 6000 rounds through it and so far so good.
All the good things you read are true. I'm having a very minor issue with it now that I've posted about in a separate thread but i'm not too worried about it. In the end, if hteres a propblem, theres a Lifetime warranty

2019 Henry H001L
2018 Henry US survival rifle
2017 Browning 725 sporting
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:58 pm 
Crown Grade

I have had mine for approximately 6 months. To date, I have shot a little over 1,000 rounds of target loads (7/8-1 1/8 oz.) and no issues whatsoever. It is easily my favorite 12 gauge to shoot because it is a) the softest recoiling of any I have owned or shot, b) it is unfailingly reliable. It is a very competent gun and for very little money when compared to many other S/As. If you get one, I predict it too will become a favorite of yours.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:22 am 
Presentation Grade

[quote="kuffs06"I'm having a very minor issue with it now that I've posted about in a separate thread but i'm not too worried about it. In the end, if there's a propblem, theres a Lifetime warranty[/quote]

Just a follow up… The minor problem I was having with the second shot not going off has been cleared. It was a simple as completely disassembling the bolt, spray it down and a couple of drops of oil. Another 400 shots and hasn’t missed a beat. I can’t express enough how Remington has hit this one out of the park. There is no other gun this reliable and fun to shoot. Let alone in this price range!
Buy it with confidence!

2019 Henry H001L
2018 Henry US survival rifle
2017 Browning 725 sporting
2015 Excalibur Micro 335

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:23 am 
Tournament Grade

After thousands of rounds, I experienced no Failure to fire. I had a couple FTF, but that was due to some bad federal birdshot shells with budged casings. One fte because I hadn’t cleaned the gun in over 1500 rounds (as in no maintenance at all). I was trying to get the gun to fail, and it took several weeks of shooting. After cleaning, the gun ran like a champ.