ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 1100 competition barrel
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:16 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a new 1100 competition. My son is using it for 4H Trap and skeet and it has been recommended I swap out the barrel for a 26 " skeet barrel. No need dy seems to be able to tell which part number that is. I've been told there is simply a skeet barrel with just a skeet chip ke but then I've been told there is a barrel that uses a rem charger ke instead of the pro bore choke. That then I need the rem chokes skeet 1 and Skeet 2. I just want to make sure I buy what is best to make this work properly for him to shoot skeet with a shorter barrel if it's even possible.

Appreciate the actual product parts I need.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Remington 1100 competition barrel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You can either (from cheapest to most expensive):
1) Get a ProBore choke tube to use with the existing barrel.
2)Buy an older 26" Skeet barrel with a fixed Skeet choke. You will probably need to widen the extractor notch.
3)Buy a new 26" standard barrel fitted for RemChokes and purchase a Skeet RemChoke.
4)Buy a new 28" Target/Light Contour barrel with RemChokes and get a Skeet RemChoke.
Many people may tell you not to get a 26" barrel to shoot skeet but I for one think an 1100 with a 26" barrel is perfect for skeet. Back in my day the endless row of 1100s with 26" barrels in the gun racks had all kinds of markings - duct tape, masking tape, colored tape, etc. so yours was easy to find. The current fad is toward longer barrels.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:19 am 
Utility Grade

Virginian wrote:
You can either (from cheapest to most expensive):
1) Get a ProBore choke tube to use with the existing barrel.
2)Buy an older 26" Skeet barrel with a fixed Skeet choke. You will probably need to widen the extractor notch.
3)Buy a new 26" standard barrel fitted for RemChokes and purchase a Skeet RemChoke.
4)Buy a new 28" Target/Light Contour barrel with RemChokes and get a Skeet RemChoke.
Many people may tell you not to get a 26" barrel to shoot skeet but I for one think an 1100 with a 26" barrel is perfect for skeet. Back in my day the endless row of 1100s with 26" barrels in the gun racks had all kinds of markings - duct tape, masking tape, colored tape, etc. so yours was easy to find. The current fad is toward longer barrels.

Well what the older skeet coaches are telling me is the 26 over the 28 especially with my sons size. So #3 is what Im looking for there just seems to be confusion on exactly what barel part I should be getting. I am thinking it is this one and then there are two skeet type rem chokes available. They are called Skeet 1 and Skeet 2

https://shop2.gzanders.com/rem-barrel-1100-12ga-2-75-26-vr-rc-3-blued.html

https://shop2.gzanders.com/rem-choke-tube-20ga-skeet.html

https://shop2.gzanders.com/rem-choke-tube-12ga-improved-skeet.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Description looks right, and part # is correct on a 2005 parts list.

Either of these should do also:
F240505 1100 BBL 12/26 RC VT BL (MOD CHOKE TUBE .709) $263.15
F240502 1100 BBL 12/26 RC VT SK BL (SKEET CHOKE TUBE) $322.45
Neither of those Skeet chokes is right. One is 20 gauge, and the other in Improved Skeet. You want a plain old Skeet.
F101588 (RAMAC 19607) RC CHOKE TUBE 12 GA SKEET DIA. ~ .732 $19.37