ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1100 Sporting Barrel on a non-sporting frame?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:14 pm 
Field Grade

My sporting 12ga is jamming like crazy. I don't time to tweak/fix this week and need an operational firearm for Sat. morning.

Will the barrel (which has screw in chokes) work properly in my early 70's non sporting 1100?

Tx!

Post subject: Re: 1100 Sporting Barrel on a non-sporting frame?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

yes

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:34 am 
Limited Edition

Have you checked your o-ring and gas piston rings lately?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:10 pm 
Field Grade

I have. This sporting 1100 has the integrated rings vs. the two rings that fit together but are clearly two pieces.

I didn't replace the O ring as it looked/felt fine. Thats really the only thing left to try other than start replacing springs which I hate to do as that is just guess work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:05 pm 
Limited Edition

gman1001 wrote:
I have. This sporting 1100 has the integrated rings vs. the two rings that fit together but are clearly two pieces.

I didn't replace the O ring as it looked/felt fine. Thats really the only thing left to try other than start replacing springs which I hate to do as that is just guess work.

The other thing you could try is swapping over the rings from the older 1100. I'm not a big fan of the integrated rings.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Have you taken everything completely apart and inspected, cleaned, and properly lubricated everything ? I am not a member of the spring changers guild, unless one is obviously mangled or broken.