ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:24 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Posts: 12
I bought a synthetic stock and forend to replace the walnut on my V3 and was looking to sell the walnut stock and forend. It doesn’t appear that Remington sells the walnut set. The synthetic set is just below $100 so I was curious if anyone might have a guess at what they would sell the wood set for if it were available.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:41 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 3817
Location: Western Tampa, FL
I would contact their customer service either by phone or their chat line and ask. If they don't respond with an answer it may just seeing what you can sell it for. It would sure be handy for someone to have a shortened buttstock for hunting waterfowl in bulky, heavy clothing or possibly for a youth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:43 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 26232
Location: Plainfield, IL
Remington sells them, they just aren't listed on their website.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:59 pm 
Field Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:36 am
Posts: 46
Location: Dayton, Ohio
I picked up a plain wood set off ebay a few months ago for $50. The wooden forend is bulkier than the synthetic forend. I prefer the look of the wood and the feel and handling of the synthetic.

_________________
piano2ner a.k.a. Doug

NRA Life Member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:28 pm
Posts: 119
Location: Willowbrook, IL
I picked up 2 sets of wood forend/buttstock from cdnn ebay store in the past month for $55 for each set


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:15 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 86
gooshnr wrote:
I bought a synthetic stock and forend to replace the walnut on my V3 and was looking to sell the walnut stock and forend. It doesn’t appear that Remington sells the walnut set. The synthetic set is just below $100 so I was curious if anyone might have a guess at what they would sell the wood set for if it were available.
What do you want for them? What kind of shape are they in any pictures?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:59 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Posts: 12
PM sent big muddy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:10 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 1616
Location: Northeast Ohio
So help me understand this correctly please. If one has a currently produced version V3 with non-vented gas blocks, the gun will accept both wood or synthetic forearms and have a proper fit?

How about an early version with vented blocks? Synthetic forend only?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:57 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Posts: 12
That’s my understanding. Nonvented block both will work. Vented only the synthetic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:01 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 26232
Location: Plainfield, IL
Grouse Gunner wrote:
So help me understand this correctly please. If one has a currently produced version V3 with non-vented gas blocks, the gun will accept both wood or synthetic forearms and have a proper fit?


Not quite. You need exhaust tubes to use a walnut fore end.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 86
gooshnr wrote:
PM sent big muddy

pm sent


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:56 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 86
delete this question


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 pm
Posts: 110
RandyWakeman wrote:
Grouse Gunner wrote:
So help me understand this correctly please. If one has a currently produced version V3 with non-vented gas blocks, the gun will accept both wood or synthetic forearms and have a proper fit?


Not quite. You need exhaust tubes to use a walnut fore end.


Interestingly, I sent my first year designed V3 to Rem because I had blowback. They gave me a nonvented barrel with exhaust tubes, so I am setup for wood stock and forearm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:10 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:25 pm
Posts: 40
Wowzer wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
Grouse Gunner wrote:
So help me understand this correctly please. If one has a currently produced version V3 with non-vented gas blocks, the gun will accept both wood or synthetic forearms and have a proper fit?


Not quite. You need exhaust tubes to use a walnut fore end.


Interestingly, I sent my first year designed V3 to Rem because I had blowback. They gave me a nonvented barrel with exhaust tubes, so I am setup for wood stock and forearm.


Me too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: V3 Walnut stock/forend
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:09 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 pm
Posts: 110
I got the walnut set. Wow! The gun looks amazing. Thanks for the heads up. I ordered another set, just in case. At $55 it is cheap enough.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: adirondack46r, alta7, andrewmr, Anschutz, Bing [Bot], Bird Guide, birdhunter39, brothernov, bullseye-69, captjsjr, chilled shot, ChrisLunker, copperboy, Curly N, CZMark, deer_chaser, dixiesetter, EricB, federal, fiddlesticks, Gard72977, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Gunroom37*, HenryVac, ironlion, ithacanut, jacosta95, JayMc, JoM, JonnyRocket, Jpdawson78, justrob, kcmetman, krimmie, Litespeed, lossking, lsclmmr, Magic20, Majestic-12 [Bot], Malcolm7, MarkHodson, May, mddan, Mike Foley, misterdom, moishepipick, nevermind, OldStufferA5#1911, Patently Obvious, PennSkeet, Polaris49, powwowelll, R31grand, Ravenanme, Researcher01, retired2006, richg99, Robert405, Rooster booster, rsnell, Scardog7, Schnurb, scott12v, Shooter5878, Slanski62, soupsandwich, Tailchaser, The Swanny, tschlemm, WAGinVA, willy1125, xsshooter, Zarkadi


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice