ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recoil pad for V3?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am now noticing that my V3 feels a slight bit too long on LOP compared to my Browning. Has anyone bought a thinner recoil pad for thei V3? I’ve read that kickeez has one that’s shorter, but I didn’t know the right model. I don’t mind grinding the pad to fit. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Recoil pad for V3?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:59 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Wowzer wrote:
I am now noticing that my V3 feels a slight bit too long on LOP compared to my Browning. Has anyone bought a thinner recoil pad for thei V3? I’ve read that kickeez has one that’s shorter, but I didn’t know the right model. I don’t mind grinding the pad to fit. Thanks.

If you have a walnut model, just remove the spacer.

You won't need to grind a Limbsaver AirTech. The latest and greatest Limbsaver pad is the AirTech. If you want to put one on your Remington V3 walnut, use Limbsaver Part #10806. For V3 synthetic models, use Limbsaver Part #10805.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:41 pm 
Crown Grade

I put on one of the Limbsaver AirTech ones as recommended by Randy W., and it plus removal of the spacer, reduced my LOP to 14 3/8 inches which is perfect for me. If you don't care for the looks of the AirTech model; Limbsaver also makes their Classic series that is less "Avant-garde" in appearance.

I was very surprised that the model #10806 fit perfectly! The Classic line will also fit if you get the corresponding model. You will also need to get the shorter screws like Randy recommended to have it fit properly because the originals become too long. By the way, Remington uses a square screw head design which is unusual and requires a corresponding screw bit. Check out the thread below where it is all outlined. Good luck.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=462049

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:47 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

oyeme wrote:
By the way, Remington uses a square screw head design which is unusual and requires a corresponding screw bit.

Only on the walnut. Since the original poster did not specify the model, or the length of pull he is looking for, or the length of pull of the Browning being referred to, it is anyone's guess what exactly he's looking for. Regardless, it is very easy to slightly shorten a walnut stock.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Limbsavers are exactly that as far as I`m concerned. Could just as well be called Teethsavers, Eyeballsavers, Brainsavers, etc.!!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:12 am 
Tournament Grade

Sorry, I should have been more clear. My Browning Cynergy CX has a lop of 14 inches. I can feel the V3 14.25 inches is just a little too long for me. Will the air tech be 0.25 inches less than the Remington stock recoil pad?

I tried to look on limbsaver website but it doesn’t seem to show the thickness of the pad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 am 
Crown Grade

Wowzer wrote:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. My Browning Cynergy CX has a lop of 14 inches. I can feel the V3 14.25 inches is just a little too long for me. Will the air tech be 0.25 inches less than the Remington stock recoil pad?

I tried to look on limbsaver website but it doesn’t seem to show the thickness of the pad.

I called them and asked. They are 1 inch thick in the models that you need. If you are talking about the walnut version of the V3, it comes with OEM pad at 14 5/8 inch LOP. The Limbsaver Pad like the AirTech I installed, is 1 inch thick. So removing the spacer (walnut version only) and putting on the AirTech will give you 14 3/8 inch LOP like mine is now. If you want to go to 14 inches you will have to have the stock cut by 3/8 inch.

If you have the synthetic without the spacer, when you go to the Limbsaver, it will get you to about 14 1/8 inch. I don't know how you reduce it further on a synthetic stock except to find a 3/4 inch thickness pad to install.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

Oyeme, thanks for that info. I’m definitely interested in removing that excess material. I’ve cut a stock on a mossberg years ago, and it turned out ok. This one is more important to me, so I want to get it right.