ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Remington Closures . . . . .
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Round ... 18691.html

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Randy. Thank you for that update.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sounds promising so far.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:21 am 
Field Grade

saskbooknut wrote:
Ruger bought Marlin. It has nothing to do with shotguns.
Roundhill bought the Remington guns.

Right, again my point being: Ruger doesnt (and never has) had a *quality* shotgun line, but they seem to excel in many other segments of firearms. Why did they not try to get the rights to the 870, 1100, and 1187...well established, quality shotguns...to finally make them a major playing in the shotgun market segment? Seems logical and a perfect opportunity to break into the shotgun world for good without having to re-invent the wheel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Where would anyone get the idea that Ruger is interested at all in making repeating shotguns?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Maybe because it's a big segment of the firearms market and Ruger, being a firearms manufacturer, might like to make a profit from selling repeating shotguns?

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:23 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

HotGreasyBore wrote:
Right, again my point being: Ruger doesnt (and never has) had a *quality* shotgun line, but they seem to excel in many other segments of firearms. Why did they not try to get the rights to the 870, 1100, and 1187...well established, quality shotguns...to finally make them a major playing in the shotgun market segment?

1) They are not interested and since the formation of Sturm, Ruger, have had no discernible interest in pump or autoloading shotguns.

2) Moreover, Remington shotguns alone were not offered as a bid parcel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

Maybe Ruger learned a lesson with their previous flops in the shotgun business, and steered clear of the rest of Remington firearms.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:02 am 
Utility Grade

Thank you all for one of the best sources of information on this issue.
Does anyone have any thoughts about where Ruger will manufacture the Marlin guns? New Hampshire, Arizona, Mayodan?

Dennis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:29 pm 
Utility Grade

Well I bought my V3 today I don't know about the lifetime warranty. But hopefully I will get my $50 rebate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:45 pm 
Field Grade

Have any of you tried Remington.com in the last couple of days? I get a big security warning saying it is unsafe and may be used to steal your data. I got out in a hurry.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:54 am 
Presentation Grade

pump shooter wrote:
Have any of you tried Remington.com in the last couple of days? I get a big security warning saying it is unsafe and may be used to steal your data. I got out in a hurry.

I would guess that is because of the sale. The actual ownership of the site has probably changed but the security certificate may not yet have been updated with new credentials. If they have been updated then they don't match what my browser is expecting. Whatever the case, I don't have any "secure information" associated with the web site so I don't care if the credentials don't match. I will assume that this will be sorted out in the coming days or weeks.

For the time being if I were to want to purchase parts from the website I would probably not, choosing rather to telephone and get the parts that way. To just go onto the website and look and see what might have changed I continue to not worry and would just click past the warning.

Last edited by Road Man on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 am 
Field Grade

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I was just on the website and had no problem registering my gun and.getting the rebate form.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:26 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

dennis53 wrote:
Thank you all for one of the best sources of information on this issue.
Does anyone have any thoughts about where Ruger will manufacture the Marlin guns? New Hampshire, Arizona, Mayodan?

Dennis

Why would it matter?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Exclu ... 31311.html

Quote:
"No matter what, we will keep a footprint in Ilion. That's 100%. It's the legacy of the company, so I don't see Ilion ever going away, not as long as I have anything to do with the ownership," says Managing Partner Richmond Italia. "So, definitely, we will always keep a footprint there. Question is, how big will that footprint be?"

It will be much smaller, at least to start.

"We've agreed to bring back 200 hourly employees, as we discussed earlier. Anything more than that basically comes down to our negotiations with the state," says Italia.

Quote:
While the new owners are aware of Remington's iconic name and presence in Ilion, and are committed to preserving both, they say the Ilion plant is outdated and does not lend itself to safe, large-scale, efficient production.

"Unfortunately, the legacy building that we have in Ilion, based on four floors is just not ideal for manufactuirng in today's age," says Italia. "So, the ideal scenario is to basically find and move into maybe retrofit another building that somebody had left behind or build new."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 am 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Exclusive-Remington-Arms-new-owners-discuss-future-of-Ilion-plant--workers-572731311.html

Quote:
"No matter what, we will keep a footprint in Ilion. That's 100%. It's the legacy of the company, so I don't see Ilion ever going away, not as long as I have anything to do with the ownership," says Managing Partner Richmond Italia. "So, definitely, we will always keep a footprint there. Question is, how big will that footprint be?"

It will be much smaller, at least to start.

"We've agreed to bring back 200 hourly employees, as we discussed earlier. Anything more than that basically comes down to our negotiations with the state," says Italia.

Quote:
While the new owners are aware of Remington's iconic name and presence in Ilion, and are committed to preserving both, they say the Ilion plant is outdated and does not lend itself to safe, large-scale, efficient production.

"Unfortunately, the legacy building that we have in Ilion, based on four floors is just not ideal for manufactuirng in today's age," says Italia. "So, the ideal scenario is to basically find and move into maybe retrofit another building that somebody had left behind or build new."

The last sentence in the bottom quote, " So, the ideal scenario is to basically find and move into....." is an interesting one, IMO. In NY ? Elsewhere maybe? Regardless, that all sounds like truly large scale production may be a ways off (?). If they`re taking their time to " do it right " , sounds good to me. So far, they sound dedicated to the success of the company.

Just read the full article. At least as expressed in that article, it would certainly appear that Roundhill is committed to working with the State of NY to do what they can to keep Remington Arms located there. It remains to be seen how committed the State of NY is to the same goal.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

The article answers that, but you have to actually read it. :shock:

Quote:
Italia says the Round Hill Group, which recently bought Remington Arms at auction, is committed not only to growing in New York State, but also to preserving the jobs of the people who work at the Ilion plant, who, he says, are the best at what they do.

"Am I open to other areas of New York? Only if they're within commuting distance of our employee base. Because the only reason we're considering New York is because of the employee base."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 am 
Field Grade

Pgeurts wrote:
I was just on the website and had no problem registering my gun and.getting the rebate form.

I tried earlier on the iphone and ipad and it still said the same thing. But it’s working now. Might have been something on my end.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:08 am 
Field Grade

Sounds better for Ilion...

(WUTR-TV) — Richmond Italia is the new owner of the Remington Arms plant in Ilion.

“I’ve been a hunter my whole life,” said Italia. “I grew up with the name Remington, so it definitely hit a chord.”

Italia was alerted to the possibility of buying Remington 10 days before it was sold in bankruptcy court in Alabama. He said he wants the gun manufacturing to continue and be successful.

“Upper management for Remington — and I don’t want to use the word hunters — but they’re not going to be suit and ties,” said Italia. “They’re going to be guys that get their hands dirty, guys that are going to walk the floor and talk to the employees.”

According to Italia, the building is dated. He wants to renovate it and make it modern.

“You have this super modern facility with untrained staff [in Alabama] and then you go up to New York and you have the opposite, where you have incredible staff, in an antiquated facility,” said Italia. “So, I believe that probably was the single biggest mistake that the old management has done.”

Italia plans to bring back as many workers to manufacture guns as possible. About 600 plant employees are still on furlough, but it shouldn’t take much longer, according to Italia.
They still have to secure parts suppliers that also closed during the pandemic.

“We’re not talking, we’re not shutting down for six months,” said Italia. “We’re talking weeks to a maximum a couple of months. Maximum.”

The Marlin line of weapons, formerly made in the Ilion plant, was bought by Ruger. They will be moving out, but Italia said he should be able to bring back the same level of workforce.

“If we do close down Huntsville, and Sturgis, and Lenoir City, and concentrate them under one roofline, which will be Ilion, that will more than replace the employees that were lost on the Marlin line,” said Italia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next