ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Remington Closures . . . . .
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:59 am 
Field Grade

newstart2k wrote:
Remington shotgun manufacturing for 2019 broken down by location:

Sturgis, SD - 3
Huntsville, AL - 374
Illion, NY - 617
Southhaven, MS - 188,305

I don't know what to infer from those numbers. My V3's and late production Versa are all marked Ilion. And online citations of the Southaven facility refer to it as a distribution center, and the building Google maps points to down there looks like a distribution center (wall to wall loading docks along its side).

Randy has stated that V3 production toward the end was throttled by parts shortages. I'd have to think the 870 would account for at least half of the grand total.

Post subject: Re: Remington Closures . . . . .
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:11 am 
Crown Grade

.45colt wrote:
If Remarms gets its act together I sure hope they have enough common sense to bring out the V3 again. the last time I had the Wife out shooting given the choice between My 28 ga and the V3 shooting 1oz loads She chose the V3. She was 64 at the time. I was very surprised.

My impression is that they have every intention to renew the V3. The current stated plan is to begin with the Versamax, 870 and 700. I suppose that they could alter the sequence? If memory serves, when Remington shut down the V3 sales were doing well and there was no shortage of posters on SW that longed for a 20 gauge model as well. Don`t know for certain, but the walnut variant of the V3 might very well be the softest shooting 12 gauge ever produced.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24