ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Remington Closures . . . . .
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Auldthymer wrote:
I’m amazed. You guys really care what happens to Remington. Meh.

What would you expect in the "I Love My Remington" forum?

{hs#

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Every time I see an American Institution fall. It saddens me. It’s just another strike against what this country was in the past. I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s and we didn’t even know what a foreign import was. Everything was made right here by hard working Americans and it gave rise to the great middle class.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

casonet wrote:
Every time I see an American Institution fall. It saddens me. It’s just another strike against what this country was in the past. I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s and we didn’t even know what a foreign import was. Everything was made right here by hard working Americans and it gave rise to the great middle class.

Yep. Made in Japan was a joke, and China product was non existent.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

Our lives are richer with the variety of imports.
Imports did not bring about the demise of Remington.
Good old fashioned corporate greed and manipulation did.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:36 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Herki ... 92581.html

Herkimer County leaders have reached out to, and are waiting to hear back from, the new owners of Remington Arms' Ilion plant. It was said during a five-hour bankruptcy sale hearing on Tuesday, that the Roundhill Group, LLC, planned to employ people in Ilion and make investments in the facility. Herkimer County can't wait to help them do that.

"Everything from mortgate recording tax, to help them with their property taxes, help them with upgrades, maybe work with them for other federal loans that are out there, too, for employment," said John Piseck, Executive Director of the Herkimer County Industrial Development Agency.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:38 am 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Auldthymer wrote:

What would you expect in the "I Love My Remington" forum?

Good one Randy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:25 am 
Crown Grade

saskbooknut wrote:
Our lives are richer with the variety of imports.
Imports did not bring about the demise of Remington.
Good old fashioned corporate greed and manipulation did.

I`ll certainly agree with that.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

I thought this bankruptcy was caused by the Sandy Hook Lawsuit and the covid 19 shutdowns.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:22 pm 
Crown Grade

DavidRamey wrote:
I thought this bankruptcy was caused by the Sandy Hook Lawsuit and the covid 19 shutdowns.

They didn`t help, particularly the shut down, but it`s far more complex than that.

Standing by for comments and statements from Ilion and/or Roundhill Group, LLC.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:19 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://thinkingafield.org/2020/10/roun ... earms.html

With this acquisition have come many industry questions and rumors. Roundhill Group LLC partner and spokesman, Jeff Edwards addresses these issues:

“As is known, Roundhill Group LLC and a group of experienced firearms manufacturing and hunting industry professionals is in the process of purchasing Remington Firearms. Our intent with this acquisition is to return the company to its traditional place as an iconic American hunting brand. We intend to maintain, care for and nurture the brand and all of the dedicated employees who have crafted these products over the years for outdoors men and women both here in the USA and abroad. More than anything we want to make Remington a household name that is spoken with pride.”

"The Roundhill Group is comprised of a group of individuals all of whom have years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and marketing both in and outside of the firearms space. They are all life-long hunting advocates and staunch Remington brand loyalists. They will work tirelessly to ensure that this company takes its rightful place as the iconic American brand that it was and still is."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:08 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
https://thinkingafield.org/2020/10/roundhill-group-llc-purchases-remington-firearms.html

With this acquisition have come many industry questions and rumors. Roundhill Group LLC partner and spokesman, Jeff Edwards addresses these issues:

“As is known, Roundhill Group LLC and a group of experienced firearms manufacturing and hunting industry professionals is in the process of purchasing Remington Firearms. Our intent with this acquisition is to return the company to its traditional place as an iconic American hunting brand. We intend to maintain, care for and nurture the brand and all of the dedicated employees who have crafted these products over the years for outdoors men and women both here in the USA and abroad. More than anything we want to make Remington a household name that is spoken with pride.”

"The Roundhill Group is comprised of a group of individuals all of whom have years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and marketing both in and outside of the firearms space. They are all life-long hunting advocates and staunch Remington brand loyalists. They will work tirelessly to ensure that this company takes its rightful place as the iconic American brand that it was and still is."

Thanks Randy. Mr. Edwards certainly said the right things, IMHO. I hope that he and the rest of his team at Remington can pull it off and that staying within the confines of the State of New York will not be an impediment. It certainly appears that we`ll have Remington guns in the market, though, for the foreseeable future!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:18 pm 
Crown Grade

That is possibly some very good news!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:22 pm 
Diamond Grade

Every time I read more news regarding the Remington situation, it brings to mind new questions. And after checking out the Shotgunworld.com forums, it always seems that Randy Wakeman has answered them!

Thanks for sharing the information, Randy. It is appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:36 pm 
Field Grade

Here's a good aricle from All Outdoors on the Remington bankruptcy and auction. It's written by Derrick Sigler. He does a great job summerizing Remingtons ownership history and it's final demize.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/10/01/w ... remington/

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

DavidRamey wrote:

My understanding is Cerberus took out hundreds of millions in loans against
a healthy Remington's assets.
They then pocketed the money and set Remington adrift to deal with those loans.
A similar thing was done to Cabela's.

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2019/05 ... -business/

My thoughts and prayers are with the folks of Remington hoping they get back into
production.
Remington has been a big part in mine and others lives.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:12 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Freedom Group was created by and was 95 percent owned by Cerberus Capital Management. In 2012, the sheepish comment from Cerberus when they decided to sell what they assembled was, "As a Firm, we are investors, not statesmen or policy makers. Our role is to make investments on behalf of our clients who are comprised of the pension plans of firemen, teachers, policemen and other municipal workers and unions, endowments, and other institutions and individuals." "It is not our role to take positions, or attempt to shape or influence the gun control policy debate. That is the job of our federal and state legislators."

What no industry needs is a company that has no interest in policy that affects their business. A gun company that has no interest in gun policy is a pathetic joke, in my opinion.

Along the way, there has been Tommy Milner, Robert Nardelli, James Marcotuli, Anthony Acitelli, and now Ken D'Arcy . . . and ultimately, accidental ownership by former creditors, now debtors, who want little to do with firearms. The main problem was that the primary owners of Remington (banks) never wanted to be owners in the first place. Nor did they care to fund Remington properly long-term, if at all. Owning a company that you have no interest in owning, in an industry you care and know nothing about is not a recipe for success.

It is the "accidental Remington Story." When the owner of a gun company says, "It is not our role to take positions, or attempt to shape or influence the gun control policy debate. That is the job of our federal and state legislators," you couldn't have a worse owner. A gun company that has no position on the 2nd Amendment or policy is no owner at all. If you manufacture automobiles, you had better be concerned about policy that affects them. If you run an airline, or a chain of restaurants, you had darn well better be concerned about shaping policy that affects the future of your company and the livelihood of your employees. A gun company that has no position on gun policy and gun ownership could not possibly more ill-suited to be a gun company. Yet, that was the Cerberus position.

The owners of "Freedom Group" were not intentional owners, but former creditors that became owners by accident. It is hardly visionary when your vision never included owning a gun company at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:29 am 
Crown Grade

More important at the moment IMO, are the employees in Ilion. I hope a decent number can be retained.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:59 am 
Crown Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
More important at the moment IMO, are the employees in Ilion. I hope a decent number can be retained.

As do I and I hope many others. Those folks were not at fault regarding what happened to the company. There`s also a lot of skill I`m sure in that plant. I would suspect that the numbers and composition of the workforce will be heavily determined by the strategic plan for the company moving forward. I would hope and expect that a priority might be given to catching up on backorders that accumulated during the shutdown. Let`s just hope that the state government gets out of the friggin` way! Why am I not optimistic that that will be the case??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:28 am 
Tournament Grade

Auldthymer wrote:

As probably one of the more vocal critics of Remington on this board of late, YES, I absolutely care what happens to them.

Hopefully this will be a change for the better, to bring them back to what they were a few decades ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:29 am 
Tournament Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
https://thinkingafield.org/2020/10/roundhill-group-llc-purchases-remington-firearms.html

Sounds promising. Hope they walk the walk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next