ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Remington Closures . . . . .
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You can’t be serious....

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:00 pm 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
You can’t be serious....

Fish on, get the net! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

That was a "your lifetime or mine, whichever comes first", warranty.
Remington's lifetime ran out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:22 pm 
Field Grade

I managed to register my V3 2 weeks ago. and now the website is gone. It is now the Remington ammunition company owned by Vista website. Hope I get my $50 rebate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:17 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Don’t hold your breath

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:22 am 
Crown Grade

saskbooknut wrote:
That was a "your lifetime or mine, whichever comes first", warranty.
Remington's lifetime ran out.

Sounds a lot like the S&W lifetime and heirloom warranty for my Elite Gold; lasted as long as they had them made for them.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:40 pm 
Crown Grade

Anyone counting on a ‘lifetime’ warranty on any gun, shouldn’t buy the thing in the first place

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
Anyone counting on a ‘lifetime’ warranty on any gun, shouldn’t buy the thing in the first place

Yep.

I'm 45. I can't count the number of "Lifetime warranty" companies who have just arbitrarily decided to not honor the warranty. Oakley sunglasses being the worst about it.

Remington going bankrupt and being auctioned off, definitely not going to get the warranty.

I just hope they get their quality control to a point where I would feel safe sending in one of my older Remingtons should they ever need repair. Since the Cerberus buy I wouldn't have sent them something for repair even if it were free/under warranty.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:56 pm 
Crown Grade

As I have aged, I have finally come to the point where a "Lifetime Warranty" equals a pretty darn short time span! :( :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No warranty is any more durable than the entity that underwrites it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:47 am 
Presentation Grade

Eternal Warranty, that’s the ticket.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Over fifty years ago as a teen living and working in Southeast Oklahoma, I worked in a boat and outboard dealership. We sold used goods and when the customer asked about a warranty on used goods the owner would reply; “It comes with the Oklahoma guarantee”. “What’s that” asked the customer. The owner would reply: “You buy it, You own it!”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:06 pm 
Field Grade

Welp, I am glad that I own Remington guns that have parts available / competent gunsmiths should be able to work on if I have serious issues. So overall not a bad investment even without the warranty. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

I wish roundhill would sell the remaining barrels of V3. Maybe bolts too. It would be great to get some extra parts.

They should ask Mossberg to buy the V3, versamax, 1100, 1187, and 870. Mossberg would own the military and police business.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:20 am 
Limited Edition

Definition of lifetime warranty: when the product reaches the end of its life the warrantee is over. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:29 pm 
Field Grade

I don't know why everyone here is assuming Remington (the arms maker) won't be back. ROC died, so they dropped all their employees. Why would Roundhill immediately rehire them if their supply chain is dried up and they're waiting on ATF to issue their manufacturers license? I wouldn't start drawing any conclusions until January or so...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:39 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

F*W*F wrote:
I don't know why everyone here is assuming Remington (the arms maker) won't be back.

There is no evidence that they will be. No talent, no staff, no engineering, no website, zero experience is making any firearms at all . . . much less selling them. No customer service and no one to bother picking up the phone. Spare parts liquidated below cost at CDNN and elsewhere.

All of that strongly suggests a giant sucking sound out of gun-hating New York State.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 pm 
Field Grade

They are in a gun hating state that has vowed to raise the taxes. On top of that you have a gun hating president who has vowed to take away guns, and raise taxes. It will be a miracle if they come back more than likely license the designs to another manufacturer. The president elect has also vowed to stop importing of guns.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Pgeurts wrote:
They are in a gun hating state that has vowed to raise the taxes. On top of that you have a gun hating president who has vowed to take away guns, and raise taxes. It will be a miracle if they come back more than likely license the designs to another manufacturer. The president elect has also vowed to stop importing of guns.

I don`t recall him saying that, but then again I don`t recall as many things as I used to! :lol: Assuming he did, and it sounds like something he`d say, what guns? All guns that are currently imported? All those Italian guns? If that were to happen, Remington might not be the only gun company out of business!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

This discussion amuses me.

Roundhill stated after they won the auction, but before the sale was finalized, that they intended to resume firearms manufacturing in or near Ilion. This may or may not have been a deception, only time will tell. I certainly don't know.

Roundhill does not at this time seem to have a manufacturing FFL. Perhaps they are in the process of applying for one, I don't know.

The old Remington owners sold off 870 and V3 finished buttstocks to CDNN prior to the auction. They may have sold off other inventory, I don't know.

The old Remington owners let go almost all of the employees prior to the sale being finalized, or at least that is my understanding. I don't know the exact timing and legalities involved.

If at the present time Roundhill does not have an FFL, parts and supplies necessary to manufacture firearms, and many of the other things needed to manufacture and distribute firearms, then sitting back and not hiring back employees seems to make sense to me.

Roundhill is faced with an uphill battle if their intent is to become a manufacturer of hunting firearms as they stated earlier. If that is indeed their intent it will not be overnight, it may take months leading to years to get fully back into production. No amount of money or desire will resolve this quickly.

Some have suggested that Roundhill only bought Remington Firearms for the purpose of splitting it up further and selling off the tooling and other assets. If that is their intent many here believe that they stand to make money on the deal. The tooling, patents, intellectual property, and real estate may very well be worth far more separately than the price Roundhill paid. That being said does it not stand to reason that if Roundhill really does intend to manufacture firearms then the tooling, patents, intellectual property, and real estate represent an incredible value and buying and retaining these things at below their separate value was an exceedingly smart purchase considering the deal they got?

The simple fact is that NONE of us really know what the future holds. We are all free to speculate and comment freely. I just hold suspect any comment that professes to "KNOW" what the future holds for Roundhill and Big Green. I will continue to sit back, watch, and laugh when anyone who is not on the inside of the actual decision making process professes to know what is actually going on.

Last edited by Road Man on Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next