ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Remington Closures . . . . .
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:20 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
F*W*F wrote:
I don't know why everyone here is assuming Remington (the arms maker) won't be back.

There is no evidence that they will be. No talent, no staff, no engineering, no website, zero experience is making any firearms at all . . . much less selling them. No customer service and no one to bother picking up the phone. Spare parts liquidated below cost at CDNN and elsewhere.

All of that strongly suggests a giant sucking sound out of gun-hating New York State.

So why not just move things to Huntsville, instead? They supposedly had a sweet deal as far as real estate, tax incentives, lower labor costs, etc.......

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:53 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

oneounceload wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
F*W*F wrote:
I don't know why everyone here is assuming Remington (the arms maker) won't be back.

There is no evidence that they will be. No talent, no staff, no engineering, no website, zero experience is making any firearms at all . . . much less selling them. No customer service and no one to bother picking up the phone. Spare parts liquidated below cost at CDNN and elsewhere.

All of that strongly suggests a giant sucking sound out of gun-hating New York State.

So why not just move things to Huntsville, instead? They supposedly had a sweet deal as far as real estate, tax incentives, lower labor costs, etc.......

It is way, way too late in the game to play why not, or what if. You can ask Rich Italia. His 'matter of weeks' has expired and there is nothing but crickets. There are no employees, no plan, no nothing. Former Remington employees have all moved on: they have been forced to.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:06 am 
Field Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:
They are in a gun hating state that has vowed to raise the taxes. On top of that you have a gun hating president who has vowed to take away guns, and raise taxes. It will be a miracle if they come back more than likely license the designs to another manufacturer. The president elect has also vowed to stop importing of guns.

I don`t recall him saying that, but then again I don`t recall as many things as I used to! :lol: Assuming he did, and it sounds like something he`d say, what guns? All guns that are currently imported? All those Italian guns? If that were to happen, Remington might not be the only gun company out of business!

It is outlined on his website.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:41 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Pgeurts wrote:
The president elect has also vowed to stop importing of guns.
Not true and never has been true . . . except so-called AW's, which are already banned from importation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:47 am 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:
Not true and never has been true . . . except so-called AW's, which are already banned from importation.

Thanks for clarifying, Randy.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:12 am 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:

BS he hasn't it is on his website. There is no such thing as a civilian assault weapon it will be what they say it is. My 9 mm is going to be classified as an assault weapon. A 1911 will be classified as an assault weapon. A Mossberg 500 is an assault weapon because the military uses it. Do you see where I am going here. Biden has said that Beto Orourke will be a part of this and he is all for.gun confiscation. So tell me Randy you have all the answers tell me what is the liberal version of an assault weapon?

Last edited by Pgeurts on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:22 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Pgeurts wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:

BS he hasn't it is on his website.

There is a political forum for such nonsense. Since you want to drag this thread off-topic, I'll quote from Biden's website:
Quote:
Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

That's what it says, word for word. It is stupid, as so-called assault weapon importation is already banned-- President George H.W. Bush banned all imports of "AW" semi automatic rifles in March, 1989. Joe Biden is over 31 years too late. Biden has never suggested a ban on importation of "guns" . . . nor has anyone. However, Biden, who wrote the AWB, wants to "Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons" period.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:04 am 
Field Grade

I understand that this forum is doesn't like differing opinions and that's fine. But thinking that article doesn't affect shotguns is foolish and irresponsible. Joe biden himself has said all you need is a double barreled shotgun for self defense.i understand that if Biden gets his way this forum will be about reminiscing about owning shotguns and not actually owning them. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This stuff belongs on the political forum

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:48 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Pgeurts wrote:
I understand that this forum is doesn't like differing opinions

This is the "I love MY Remington Shotguns" forum, and a thread that I started long ago. Political opinions are not the topic, nor is real or imagined gun control. There is a gun control forum and a political forum. You apparently are unwilling or unable to post in the proper forum.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 am 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:
I understand that this forum is doesn't like differing opinions

This is the "I love MY Remington Shotguns" forum, and a thread that I started long ago. Political opinions are not the topic, nor is real or imagined gun control. There is a gun control forum and a political forum. You apparently are unwilling or unable to post in the proper forum.

You started this. I said Remington guns will probably not be imported because Biden wants to ban imports. You had to throw your 2 cents in because god forbid you dont agree with that. This is on you dont try and blame me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:37 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Pgeurts wrote:
You started this. I said Remington guns will probably not be imported because Biden wants to ban imports.

Your statement is factually incorrect.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:26 am 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:
You started this. I said Remington guns will probably not be imported because Biden wants to ban imports.

Your statement is factually incorrect.

You basically told me the same thing when, I said Remington was in trouble after the first bankruptcy. Yet here we are.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:44 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Whether Biden bans imports or not, he has vowed unequivocally to ban "assault weapons" while noting that federal waterfowl regulations prohibit guns with more than three shot capability, ridiculously stating in typical Biden BS fashion that we care more about ducks than children. My guess is that he and his gun hating cohorts will try to ban any gun that holds over three or five shells if they can get away with it, whether made by Remington or anyone else. In any case, the Biden anti-gun agenda will render any possible resumption of production by "Remington" even less likely than before.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:11 pm 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:

BS he hasn't it is on his website.

There is a political forum for such nonsense. Since you want to drag this thread off-topic, I'll quote from Biden's website:
Quote:
Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

That's what it says, word for word. It is stupid, as so-called assault weapon importation is already banned-- President George H.W. Bush banned all imports of "AW" semi automatic rifles in March, 1989. Joe Biden is over 31 years too late. Biden has never suggested a ban on importation of "guns" . . . nor has anyone. However, Biden, who wrote the AWB, wants to "Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons" period.

And on his campaign site he intends to prohibit ALL on-line sale of guns, ammo, kits and gun parts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Now THAT I believe I did see. If accurate, that in and of itself would cripple shooting and the firearms industry, IMO. No more Gunbroker, Grabagun, etc. , both of which I`ve used more than once. No case of shells through the mail, either.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:29 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Do you believe everything that gets put on a political website? Do you believe all campaign promises? Many gun owners do not vote their values or their sport, whose problem is that?

Regardless, Remington was bankrupt, sold, and busted into pieces prior to the election. Current political musings have nothing to do with Remington firearms.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

RandyWakeman wrote:
Do you believe everything that gets put on a political website? Do you believe all campaign promises? Many gun owners do not vote their values or their sport, whose problem is that?

Regardless, Remington was bankrupt, sold, and busted into pieces prior to the election. Current political musings have nothing to do with Remington firearms.

I don't know about "political musings", but Joe Biden's stated anti-gun intentions certainly don't encourage the resumption of the manufacture of any Remington firearm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:40 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Quote:
“I guarantee you Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don’t buy that malarkey,” then-Senator Joe Biden said at a campaign event in Virginia on September 20, 2008. “Don’t buy that malarkey. They’re going to start peddling that to you.”

“If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem,” Biden added.

The malarkey is mere puffery: common pandering that has been going on for since 1968. We all should be used to it by now. No president has the authority to violate the 2nd Amendment, nor does Congress. It would take a constitutional amendment to eliminate the 2nd Amendment. See Heller and McDonald v. Chicago: that is the law of the land. It is written down so people cannot forget.

The mythical Biden gun grab would be terrific for the gun industry, as was the greatest gun-salesman of all time: Barack Obama.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

A lot of gun grabbing can be done within the confines of the Second Amendment, none of which will encourage anyone to think of manufacturing any Remington firearms, not even the ubiquitous models 870 and 1100.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next