ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Remington Closures . . . . .
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:13 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

lossking wrote:
A lot of gun grabbing can be done within the confines of the Second Amendment

If you say so. That premise makes no sense at all as far as Remington, for it was widely held, widely believed, and widely reported that Biden would win in a landslide along with a 'Blue Wave.' That was long before the bankruptcy auction was so much as held. Anyone and everyone bidding on Remington's assets knew full well there was a very good possibility of a Biden presidency long before they decided to so much as bid on anything.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No sense at all? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:37 am 
Limited Edition

One reason Remington did not move all production from Ilion is some machinery was purchased with New York IDA grant funds and cannot legally be moved out of New York.

Last edited by msmith on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:52 am 
Crown Grade

msmith wrote:
One reason Remington did not move all production from Ilion is some machinery was purchased with New York IDA funds and cannot legally be moved out of New York.

That’s both interesting and a shame.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:06 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

msmith wrote:
One reason Remington did not move all production from Ilion is some machinery was purchased with New York IDA funds and cannot legally be moved out of New York.

Not true-- those were grants. https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/2- ... -1.1082939

Kimber was also a recipient-- but, https://www.madeinalabama.com/2020/10/g ... o-alabama/ .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
Biden has never suggested a ban on importation of "guns" . . . nor has anyone.

Then what happened to the "Saturday Night Specials?" Did they go away on their own?

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:07 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

GCA 1968: signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on October 22, 1968.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:22 pm 
Utility Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
GCA 1968: signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on October 22, 1968.

It just banned the importation of cheap guns. That spawned the "Ring of Fire" guns, Raven, Jennings and Phoenix Arms to name a few. Cheap "pot metal" guns. I bought Jennings 35 years ago because I had an extra $45.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
The malarkey is mere puffery: common pandering that has been going on for since 1968. We all should be used to it by now. No president has the authority to violate the 2nd Amendment, nor does Congress. It would take a constitutional amendment to eliminate the 2nd Amendment. See Heller and McDonald v. Chicago: that is the law of the land. It is written down so people cannot forget.

Ummm...have you tried this argument in NY, CA, NJ, or MA? I don't see freedom ringing in these states, even after DC vs Heller.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:16 pm 
Field Grade

So moving away from the political debate here...

My question right now, which albeit is very open ended, is will the designs for things like the V3, 1100, and other popular guns be auctioned off to other major gun companies? At this point I would think it's an EXTREME long shot to assume Remington will be making guns again, so that is what I'd assume would happen as it's pretty obvious that Roundhill is liquidating to make money.

While Remington didn't fare well as a company, these designs did, and I'm curious as to what will happen. Randy mentioned earlier that there are companies out there that worked for years to come up with better designs and failed. It would be interesting to see whether these blueprints so to speak end up with another company.

DISCLAIMER: I know that this is all 100% speculation at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:04 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Ummh. You won't believe it.

Remington Firearms was acquired by Richmond Italia, who runs:
G.I. Sportz Inc.
6000 Kieran
Ville St Laurent, QC H4S 2B5
CANADA
Canadian Toll free: 1-866-372-9987
Canada Direct: +1.260.222.2504

That's right, the head honcho of a Canadian paintball company bought Remington. Wait, there is more.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptc ... bankruptcy

Quote:
Paintball Empire Goes Bankrupt With Plans to Sell Assets
Oct. 16, 2020, 12:11 PM

G.I. Sportz and Tippmann will hand reins to receiver in Canada
The paintball equipment maker also files bankruptcy in U.S.

A court-appointed receiver plans to sell paintball equipment makers G.I. Sportz Inc. and Tippmann Sports after they defaulted on $29 million of debt.

Quebec-based G.I. Sportz, identified in Canadian documents last year as the largest global manufacturer and distributor of paintball-related products, has “no ability to repay” the $29 million it owes under a credit agreement, according to a sworn statement from the company’s receiver.

On July 27, Remington entered Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The brains behind the company, Richmond Italia who runs G.I. Sportz . . . well, G.I. Sports filed for bankruptcy on about about Oct. 16, 2020.

The chief at "Roundhill" bought Remington Firearms on October 1 (Thursday, October 1, 2020 Roundhill Group LLC Purchases Remington Firearms) and suddenly his paintball empire went belly-up ABOUT TWO WEEKS LATER with $29 million in debt they have "no ability to repay."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:59 pm 
Crown Grade

One big game for the money movers...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:58 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

You can call it what you want. Those that are in the industry and considered bidding went over the books and concluded that the baby could not be saved. Roundhill, whoever you think they are, has never so much as manufactured or sold a firearm. They overpaid.

Mossberg, Savage, Ruger, Sig, S & W were all extremely well-versed in the situation. All of them are successful, with substantial facilities, engineers, distribution networks, dealers, marketing, and customer service staffs. They couldn't run away fast enough. Does anyone wonder why?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:05 am 
Limited Edition

Not really but I`m sure you will tell us why.....like usual.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I know someone who has a good deal of money and presumably Pro-2A. Don Trump Jr. He could buy out the rights to V3, 870, 1100, and 700 from Roundhill, start making them in a gun friendly state. My pipe dream...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Any patents on the 1100, the 870, and model 700 rifle have long since expired. Anyone can build them

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:14 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
Any patents on the 1100, the 870, and model 700 rifle have long since expired. Anyone can build them

I’ve gone all the way from being certain that surely some other gun manufacturing concern would obtain Remington and its brand and continue the Remington tradition to wondering if even that will occur.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It all comes down to risk and profit. There are lots of easier ways to make money

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:39 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

casonet wrote:

Probably quite a bit more difficult without Remington's blueprints, machinery, personnel, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:15 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

casonet wrote:

Why would they want to? The same is true for the Automatic-Five, Beretta 303, Super-X Model 1, Double Automatic, B2000, the Model 12, and countless other familiar but discontinued models. Autoloading shotguns, pump shotguns, and bolt-action rifle models are as common as dirt. Moreover, in the case of the 870 and 1100 / 11-87, they are far more expensive to manufacture than most alloy receiver shotguns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22