ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 90 T question
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have an opportunity to buy a used Remingtion 90 T for about $1600. The person selling it gave me a opportunity to try it our for 3 rounds of Trap. I got a 21, 18 and 24 in that order. But the shell failed to eject twice on the first round, 3 times on the second round and 0 on the third round. I had to use my pocket knife to pry out the shell. The seller oiled it between the first and second rounds and suggested that if just took that long for the oil to seep into the right places. My first question is are the 90 T known for this problem or is it nothing to worry about? My second question is, is his asking price for the gun within the normal range for this model?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

Post subject: Re: Remington 90 T question
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:36 pm 
Field Grade

My 90T was purchased new in 1993 and has been my singles and handicap gun since then. I have never had a problem with the ejector. The only problem I had was the foreend lug detaching from the barrel. Doug Braker re-brazed it and did a teflon coat to the barrrel at the same time.
I have seen a couple up for auction at Rock Island and I think they go for about that much at auction.
With Doug Braker out of circulation I don't know who works on them now. Perhaps Kolar would because they originally built them for Remington.

Post subject: Re: Remington 90 T question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:01 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a 90T and had this problem only a few times. I used a bore brush on a drill and cleaned out the chamber really well. This solved my sticking problems. Another reason you may have had this problem could have been if you were using reloads that have not been resized. I only use my reloads that I resize prior to reloading. I have had a few new shells stick in the past. Prior to buying any 90T you should check to see if the top lever is to the right when closed also if the forearm update has been done. Looking on the inside of the forearm stock you will see the center metal piece that is a rectangle or a half moon shape. The rectangle is the old piece subjet to breaking. If the top lever is to the left of center after you close the gun then it needs to be fixed. Kolar can update either of the these problems. That said I believe the 90T is one of the best trap guns around and I love shooting mine and will never sell it. You can see a lot of info and pictures on the 90T on trapshooters.com just check the sight called: show us you 90T. My picture of my gun is number 65 of 151 posts on that sight regarding the 90T.