ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New V3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I recently acquired a V3 with synthetic stock. Took it to the range and ran a flat of shells through it consisting of one box of factory (Federal Top Gun ) and the rest my own handloads.

The factory shells all cycled, as expected (1-1/8 @ 1200fps).
My Annie Oakley loads (1-1/8 @ 1300fps) all cycled.
My lights (7/8 @ 1200fps) all cycled.

The chamber seems tight and two reloaded shells did not enter the chamber due to brass interference. They did fit in a Ruger Red Label. I may tighten down the collet on my 9000.

I had some reloaded Federal papers and tried them. Of five shells, three cycled. On two, the brass head ejected but the paper tube was left in the chamber. One came out easily by finger and the other was knocked out with a range rod. These were on their third reload.

Recoil was pleasant and empties were flung positively in a two o'clock direction, landing 10'-15' away. The gun fit me well and I did not have to consciously learn the sight picture.

The gun does not fit in a green plastic Remington case made for the 1100 due to stock and receiver shape. That was disappointing.

Post subject: Re: New V3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:56 am 
Crown Grade

Congrats on the new V3. They are fine guns. They eat everything they are fed, unlike some of the more expensive, " finer " SAs.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 am 
Field Grade

Congrats on your purchase of a V3!!! I love mine and can't believe how well it manages recoil. In fact I took out the old (late 60's) 1100 the other day on a dove hunt and shot about 10 shots with it and then finished the day with the V3 and it was a very noticeable difference in the recoil between the two shooting 1 1/8 oz 1350fps loads with the V3 being a LOT softer shooting. I've shot several limits so far this season (got lots of grills to feed w/ bacon wrapped dove breasts) and I have always been well pleased with the performance of the V3. 1cas :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 am 
Field Grade

Great choice! I will be purchasing another one soon. :D