ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1100 Forend"wiggle"
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:00 pm 
Limited Edition

Picked up a 70's vintage 1100. Is there a way to tighten up the wiggle or is that the nature of these. I have a synthetic that is tight but the original wood is loose.

Post subject: Re: 1100 Forend"wiggle"
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If the fore end support is tight and the "wings" are adjusted correctly it should be okay. If the wood is physically worn you can build up with some epoxy or shim with tape.
Of course on a LT/LW 20 there is no fore end support it is just fitted to the receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:36 am 
Limited Edition

I agree with the above. I have an O/U that had wiggle in the fore end. A couple of strips of narrow surgical tape across the front inside edge of the fore end wood tightened it up nicely. Invisible when the gun is assembled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Or if you need a new replacement fore end I’ve got a friend with a bunch of them, new

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith