ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forearm for 11-87, can I assume this won’t be a problem ?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:30 pm 
Crown Grade

Put together an 11-87 outfit for my son, started with a trap model with target barrel and I believe a Jack West stock. I added a light contour field barrel and now have a forearm for it. However I won’t get it refinished in time to deliver it.

My question is will the forearm for the target barrel be functional with the light contour field barrel if he decides to use it before the new forearm is done ?

Wood on light contour barrel, no gap in front of the vents:

Jack West forearm on light contour barrel, gaps:

Jack West stock on target barrel, no gap:

Can I assume the pressure relief mechanism on the field barrel will function with the Jack West stock ?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Forearm for 11-87, can I assume this won’t be a problem
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It's just a cosmetic issue. Go to ACE and get a roll of RUBBER electrical tape. A strip on each side so the top is flush with the top of the fore end will solve it.

Post subject: Re: Forearm for 11-87, can I assume this won’t be a problem
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks, that’s what I assumed.