ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wingmaster dropping shells out of ejection port when action
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:15 am 
Limited Edition

I was out in the duckblind and twice, when cycling the 870 with an overhead bird with the shotgun pointed almost 90 degrees to the sky, when pulling the pump to the rear after the first shot, the shell released from the mag tube came out and fell out of the ejection port onto the ground and I closed the action on an empty chamber. I know the shell lifter has a raised portion to prevent the shell from falling out once the slide is moving forward and pops the lifter up, but this was the first time for me. Anybody else have this experience cycling the 870 action other than parallel to the ground?

My Wingmaster from '67 and is relatively new as it was used minimally by the original owner.

Post subject: Re: Wingmaster dropping shells out of ejection port when act
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Remove the trigger assembly and soak it in mineral spirits or kerosene for 15-20 minutes. Then blow dry or air dry. After dry, lubricate with Breakfree CLP or equivalent lightweight oil.

Also, when loading the magazine, push the shells as far into the tube as you possibly can. Don't just push to the first "click" and then stop.

Third, when cycling the slide, don't "short stroke" it. Move it ALL THE WAY BACK then all the way forward.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

Post subject: Re: Wingmaster dropping shells out of ejection port when act
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Answered you on another forum. I think it is user error with technique,