ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Repair work
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:59 am 
Utility Grade

Hello. I bought a V3 in July 2018. As soon as I got it the gun it was spewing hot debris out the vents and into my face. I sent it in and they “fixed” it and sent it back. It still hit me in the face with the hot debris but I didn’t want to wait another 3-4 months to get it back. Fast forward to early spring 2020. I was patterning for turkey and a shell became lodged in the bore after firing. I again sent it to Remington. I received an email last week that it was being shipped back to me. I get the gun back, open the box, and it looks like they just gave me a new barrel as this barrel doesn’t have my hiviz sight on it and has just the white bead and seems/appears to be brand new. Mind you I had already removed the bead before adding the hiviz. Funny part is, also in the box was a letter from Remington that stated they were unable to repair my firearm due to bankruptcy. Anybody else have similar experiences just recently with Remington?

Post subject: Re: Repair work
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:19 am 
Crown Grade

No, but I think you are lucky you got the gun back with the barrel replacement. After all, Remington is no more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:28 am 
Crown Grade

Pretty surprising you received an e-mail last week, much less your gun back. I’d count your lucky stars and move on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:02 am 
Limited Edition

While they didn’t return your sight, you were lucky to have been served by someone diligent who returned your gun, with a new barrel, from a company that is out of business.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 am 
Limited Edition

I'd go buy some lottery tickets.....Someone Up there really likes You . Good on Remington. maybe there is a thread of hope yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:07 am 
Field Grade

Yes. I sent mine back for repair over the summer with the same issue/s. They replaced the barrel and the gas compensating plugs with the gas exhaust tubes. Very pleased with it. No problems.