ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 11-87 project all put together, action spring question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Well I think I’m done with putting this christmas present together for our son. One question that occurred to me however is the action spring on the trap receiver the same as one that would shoot 3 inch duck loads ? I don’t see any parts diagrams that would indicated they are different.

The group:

Target barrel 30” with three choke tubes:

Light contour 28” field barrel, choke tubes:

Receiver:

Thanks everyone here for the help in pulling this together and answering my queries. It should do anything he wants a shotgun to do.

Everything is in like new condition and I feel pretty lucky to find it all in left hand. I think I’ll wait on getting a walnut stock set, maybe for his birthday, I’m well over the Christmas budget as it is. The 1100 forearm takes a little more work to get it on an 11-87 but the stocks I’ve found for the 1100 are much nicer than the newer 11-87 stocks.

Post subject: Re: 11-87 project all put together, action spring question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They are no different. Remington uses the same action spring on all their 1100/11-87 models since all it really does is move the bolt back into battery. Nice Christmas present for your boy.

Post subject: Re: 11-87 project all put together, action spring question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:57 am 
Crown Grade

DanG wrote:
They are no different. Remington uses the same action spring on all their 1100/11-87 models since all it really does is move the bolt back into battery. Nice Christmas present for your boy.

Thanks.

In thinking about it the gas compensator vent takes any difference out between the loads. The bolt shouldn’t fly back with more force with the heavier loads than the lighter ones.

Maybe he can give me back my Double Auto he’s been shooting trap with now.

No, it’s gone.