ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is RemArms, LLC Another Lazarus?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:20 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Tidefanatic wrote:
You may be right, but how do you know who has jobs where? Do you know all those people personally or are you just surmising that they have other jobs?

Remington engineering was all in Huntsville, Alabama, as were the product managers, as were marketing managers. Of course I know who worked where, I've been to Ilion, Huntsville, and Lonoke-- and have met with them a couple of times a year, for many years, elsewhere.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

casonet wrote:
People are leaving New York, and California for that matter, to states with a much lower tax burden. All they need is an excuse and they’re gone never to return

The firearm industry is fleeing anti-gun states with even more enthusiasm. Who can blame them? Who could possibly want to invest in a plant where the state government loudly loathes your industry? Weatherby fled California. Kimber is fleeing New York. The old, traditional East Coast names are essentially erased from the landscape. Ithaca, Winchester, Marlin, and so it goes. Colt filed for bankruptcy in 1992. Unable to pay its debts, Colt filed for bankruptcy (again) in June 2015. High Standard, once of Camden, CT, eventually of Houston, went belly-up for good (1994-2018).

It wasn't all that long ago when Magpul gave the finger to Colorado, moving operations to Wyoming and the corporate offices to Austin, Texas. Mossberg saved itself long ago by opening in Eagle Pass, Texas in 1989 and expanding in 2013. Ruger just announced a $10 million expansion to its Mayodan, NC facility that was newly opened in 2014. Stag Arms moved from Connecticut to Wyoming last year.

Poor management has destroyed the finest of companies, even without help from hostile, anti-business states.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:34 pm 
Limited Edition

LMT, Les Baer, and Armalite left Illinois.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:13 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

DanG wrote:
The new owners need to hire back the people who were working on the more recent designs, namely the V3 and VersaMax, and concentrate on producing those.

I spoke with ex-Remington engineers TODAY. They are all gone, now working for Kimber, FN, etc. They will not be back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

RandyWakeman wrote:
I spoke with ex-Remington engineers TODAY. They are all gone, now working for Kimber, FN, etc. They will not be back.

I don't blame them at all, but it's a shame that Remington went under like it did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:22 pm 
Diamond Grade

I saw a video today that showed me another side of the Remington failure. It was a "5 worst handguns" sort of video and I think two or three out of the five were Remingtons!

I am an avid handgunner but never had any interest in the Remington offerings and haven't paid much attention to them. Apparently, some of them were exceptionally bad and all the recent offerings were total financial failures -disasters- at the very least.

It's something easy to overlook when you're thinking more about the great shotgun designs they've been known for...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

desmobob wrote:
I saw a video today that showed me another side of the Remington failure. It was a "5 worst handguns" sort of video and I think two or three out of the five were Remingtons!

Don't believe everything you see. A lot of it is just kicking a company when its down. The RM380 was good product-- far better and cheaper than the original. The RP45 was, and is, a bargain-priced .45. The original R51 wasn't ready for prime-time, but the re-released version is one of my favorite carry 9mm's.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

RandyWakeman wrote:
desmobob wrote:

Don't believe everything you see. A lot of it is just kicking a company when its down. The RM380 was good product-- far better and cheaper than the original. The RP45 was, and is, a bargain-priced .45. The original R51 wasn't ready for prime-time, but the re-released version is one of my favorite carry 9mm's.

I, too, was interested in the R51, but backed off after the bad reviews. How can one tell the re-released version from the original?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:23 pm 
Diamond Grade

Here's the video I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqZrtRwm00

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqZrtRwm00[/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:37 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

lossking wrote:
I, too, was interested in the R51, but backed off after the bad reviews. How can one tell the re-released version from the original?

They were all recalled and Remington offered everyone their full retail purchase price back, or a 1911, or if they wanted, a new version with a hard case, extra magazines, and Remington paid your transfer fees as well.

I didn't have one of the originals, just a Gen 2. It wasn't completely flawless, for one magazine was problematic-- a replacement magazine, then I had zero problems.