ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 870 12 ga Sportsman parts..
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:25 pm 
Field Grade

This gun has a broken ejector.. I might as well replace the spring too. i guess that leads to rivets also..

I have watched internet part sites for almost 1 year.. always" back ordered" or "Discontinued"

There is an ejector right now on ebay with 2 rivets for $75.00.. :shock: There are several 20 16 28 and 410 available (these run about 15-20 bucks) 12 gauge is impossible to find..

Suggestions? I think the gun functions perfectly with the radiused end of ejector broke off..

Last edited by blindretrieve on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Remington 870 12 ga Sportsman parts..
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As long as you still have enough ejector to locate the barrel properly I wouldn't worry much about it.
You do not have to replace the rivets. Carefully pry the old ejector spring and ejector off the rivets and reinstall the new ejector and spring on the existing rivets and rerivet everything. As an alternative you can drill and tap the rivet(s) and use a SMALL machine screw. Converted several 2-3/4" 870s to 3" this way without having to refinish.

Post subject: Re: Remington 870 12 ga Sportsman parts..
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:24 am 
Field Grade

Its the small radius end that broke off on ejector. Thats what lines up the barrel in the barrel notch when assembled. If I am carful when I put barrel back on, I can line it up by eys, then make sure barrels end cap is good and snug, the barrel seems to stay in place..