ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RemArms website is up and running
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

The new Remington Arms or RemArms website is up and running.

http://www.remarms.com

For those who have dismissed the ability of the new company to do anything... At least this is something. It is not an actual gun, but it is another step in what I believe will be the right direction. I expect many more steps along the way. First you crawl, then you walk, then you run.

Best of luck to RemArms!

Post subject: Re: RemArms website is up and running
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:46 pm 
Crown Grade

Road Man wrote:
The new Remington Arms or RemArms website is up and running.

http://www.remarms.com

For those who have dismissed the ability of the new company to do anything... At least this is something. It is not an actual gun, but it is another step in what I believe will be the right direction. I expect many more steps along the way. First you crawl, then you walk, then you run.

Best of luck to RemArms!

I agree Road Man, best of luck. It would be great to have as many folks back to work as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:00 pm 
Crown Grade

Wow, a very ambitious offering. I was expecting something less.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:16 am 
Diamond Grade

Talk is cheap.
Much as I want them to succeed, I will believe it when plentiful product is in stores.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:53 am 
Limited Edition

I sent them a message wishing them the Best of Luck . I hope they can get back into production.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:38 am 
Presentation Grade

I went to the website and it looks to me that it is the old site with info on ammo being made by another company. The reports so far indicate that the 870 goes back into production on March 1. Why advertise items you don’t make yet, if at all? I was hoping for better.

I really want them to succeed. I hope they don’t slump back into how business was done under the last two owners.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:40 am 
Crown Grade

I don’t remember an 870 Classic Trap like this:

I know they had an 1100 Classic Trap.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:57 am 
Presentation Grade

Yes, the website does look a lot like the old Remington site. There are however some subtle differences. The handgun section is pared down to only the 1911 R1, none of the other handguns are shown. The rifle section also appears to have fewer options than I remember. The shotgun section is by far the most expansive with VersaMax, V3, 1100, and 11-87 semi-automatic guns represented. The 870 is the only pump. The tactical section has V3 and 870 versions represented.

I have no idea if they will eventually market all of these guns, but eliminating some of the other options seems to telegraph their intent.

The website is a good early step. The proof will be when they actually get guns on the market. The quality, and availability of those products will the the most telling, even if they begin with only a few models.

As I have said many times before. I expect them to make mistakes, plenty of them. I expect them to get plenty of bad press that highlights those mistakes. The old owners are the ones that had quality issues and ran the company into the ground. The new owners do need to dig themselves out of a hole, but these are different people with a different view of what they want to do. I for one will give them plenty of time and until they prove otherwise I will give them the benefit of the doubt, at least within reason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:08 am 
Crown Grade

Dward wrote:
I went to the website and it looks to me that it is the old site with info on ammo being made by another company. The reports so far indicate that the 870 goes back into production on March 1. Why advertise items you don’t make yet, if at all? I was hoping for better.

I really want them to succeed. I hope they don’t slump back into how business was done under the last two owners.

I would rather see a gradual start up, concentrate maybe on the classics ( 870, 1100 ) for even a year or two while they get their “ sea legs “. Concentrate on quality and customer service.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

As a versa max sportsman owner, I hope Mr. Wakeman and some of the other doomsdayers are mistaken in their belief that there will never be another new Remington firearm made. I’m not concerned with the lack of warranty on my Versa Max, as I take good care of my guns. I don’t abuse them, however I do hope there will be replacement parts available in the future, should I have a need. Luckily, many of the parts in the trigger group, bolt assembly, and recoil spring are interhangebale with some benelli models, but there are some parts that can only come from Remington. I still would like to eventually own a new V3 as well. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Hope for the best

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:21 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

SHughes wrote:
As a versa max sportsman owner, I hope Mr. Wakeman and some of the other doomsdayers are mistaken in their belief that there will never be another new Remington firearm made.

We have a far different view of "Doomsday." A Doomsday event would be rendering Planet Earth uninhabitable, not that the next new firearm you buy might be something other than a New York Safe Act Remington.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:24 am 
Presentation Grade

Yes, I recall a while back hearing some folks confidently pointing out their conjecture how Remington is gone and finished. Now this. Hmmmmm....Imagine that.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:02 am 
Tournament Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
SHughes wrote:
As a versa max sportsman owner, I hope Mr. Wakeman and some of the other doomsdayers are mistaken in their belief that there will never be another new Remington firearm made.

We have a far different view of "Doomsday." A Doomsday event would be rendering Planet Earth uninhabitable, not that the next new firearm you buy might be something other than a New York Safe Act Remington.

Lol just a figure of speech Mr. Wakeman. I was referring to the constant doom and gloom posts. I get your skepticism about the situation, but I’m just hopeful you and some of the others are wrong. The Versa Max and V3 are excellent shotguns. It would be a shame for them to never go back into production.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:15 pm 
Field Grade

I do not know if this means anything but 2 stores by me all of a sudden have Remington V3s in stock. I disagree with concentrating on the 1100/11-87 platform. The Versamax and V3 platforms are significantly better the older platforms. I love my Mossbergs and have never been a huge Remington shotgun fan and I have owned SBE3, A400 and others. The V3/Versamax are 2 of the finest autoloaders out there and compete well with higher prices guns.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

Pgeurts wrote:
I do not know if this means anything but 2 stores by me all of a sudden have Remington V3s in stock. I disagree with concentrating on the 1100/11-87 platform. The Versamax and V3 platforms are significantly better the older platforms. I love my Mossbergs and have never been a huge Remington shotgun fan and I have owned SBE3, A400 and others. The V3/Versamax are 2 of the finest autoloaders out there and compete well with higher prices guns.

In the short term I am not in the market for a new V3, due to financial constraints. Well, now that that is out of the way...

Pgeurts, where are these 2 stores? I don't need your home address or anything, just where in the country.

Thanks, and I number myself amongst those who think the V3 is a wonderful gun. I am now down to just one 870, and while I previously did own an 1100, it just never really seemed to click with me so I sold it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Roadman wrote: "Pgeurts, where are these 2 stores? I don't need your home address or anything, just where in the country."................ Yep what state ? maybe I need to keep a lookout. :shock: .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:17 pm 
Field Grade

Mills fleetfarm in Wi. Has the v3s. I personally have seen 2 camo field sport and a black matte field.sport. they could be new old stock as at least one has the lifetime warranty sticker on it. I would buy another one but I found a 940 for sale that I grabbed instead.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:39 am 
Utility Grade

I recently purchased Remington R1s in January 2021. I looked at the production tag and it stated it was produced in mid December of 2020.

I recently went to Cabela's and they had some RM380s for sale. I haven't seen any new Remington shotguns yet........

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

FLZ_Boy wrote:
I recently purchased Remington R1s in January 2021. I looked at the production tag and it stated it was produced in mid December of 2020.

I recently went to Cabela's and they had some RM380s for sale. I haven't seen any new Remington shotguns yet........

Sorry, you're mistaken. RemArms had no employees in December, 2020, and on top of that . . . RemArms had no firearms manufacturing license. You haven't seen any new RemArms anything.

http://randywakeman.com/