ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: RemArms website is up and running
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:42 pm 
Crown Grade

FLZ_Boy wrote:
I recently purchased Remington R1s in January 2021. I looked at the production tag and it stated it was produced in mid December of 2020.

I recently went to Cabela's and they had some RM380s for sale. I haven't seen any new Remington shotguns yet........

I believe tomorrow is/was the target date for the first gun, supposedly an 870.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

I hope the V3 line comes out strong. Its a great gun, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:49 am 
Limited Edition

I called the phone # on the Remarms website 2 weeks ago. A polite Man who identified himself as " Remington Security" answered the phone. He asked Me where I got the phone #.......off the website I said...... He gave Me another phone # that went to another Man that turned out to be a dead end .
I'm not optimistic at All that they will open soon. I hope they prove Me wrong,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:10 am 
Crown Grade

My own personal opinion, based primarily on statements by the owners, is that if their production lines aren’t producing product by the end of the first calendar quarter ( this month ) , we’ve probably seen the last of Remington arms production.

Last edited by Tidefanatic on Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:36 am 
Tournament Grade

Wowzer wrote:
I hope the V3 line comes out strong. Its a great gun, IMO.

I’ve wanted a V3 for years now. The main reason I recently purchased a VM Sportsman instead is because there aren’t any parts available for the V3. If something in the bolt or trigger assembly breaks, all you’ve got is a wall hanger. Most the the main components of the Versa Max are interchangeable with Benelli parts. If they start making the V3 again, I’ll likely own one next year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:16 am 
Crown Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
My own personal opinion, based primarily statements by the owners, is that if their production lines aren’t producing product by the end of the first calendar quarter ( this month ) , we’ve probably seen the last of Remington arms production.

Sad but true. Oh well...

As for concerns about parts availability for the V3 or any other Remington shotgun. With the current ammo shortage, it will be hard to wear any parts out if I can't shoot these guns very often.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Restarting that company will require an enormous amount of money, not to mention a highly detailed plan with many many moving parts and a lot of time. Even with all of that in place it could well fall flat. I see it as a very very long shot at best and your worst nightmare. I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole with other investor’s money and most certainly not with mine.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

I sure hope you fellas are wrong. I’m a big fan of the Versa Max, and I still want a V3. I just can’t purchase one, until I know I’ll be able to get parts for one should any be needed. The bolt assembly in particular is what scared me away from purchasing one this year. It’s just a shame to see two of the better auto loaders introduces in recent years, will no longer be produced.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:54 pm 
Crown Grade

So, did anything roll off the assembly line today?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:37 pm 
Crown Grade

SHughes wrote:
I sure hope you fellas are wrong. I’m a big fan of the Versa Max, and I still want a V3. I just can’t purchase one, until I know I’ll be able to get parts for one should any be needed. The bolt assembly in particular is what scared me away from purchasing one this year. It’s just a shame to see two of the better auto loaders introduces in recent years, will no longer be produced.

I think there`s a number of us that hope we`re wrong. I`d wager that most, with certain notable exceptions, of the posters on SW are pulling for RemArms to be successful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Few are bigger fans of Remington than I am owning about 20 of their long arms. I am also a former business man having owned and run a fair size company with several hundred employees. You have to cut through all of the emotion and nostalgia and look at the facts. Frankly, the way I see it, is they don’t look good at all. Show me a different and more favorable set of facts and I could change my attitude.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

I suspect Remington's days of being the Chevrolet of American firearms are probably over. As has been alluded to, the amount of money, amount of time, and number of moving parts to recreate the supply chains and distributor networks are probably prohibitive.

What might be more likely, probably after an attempt or two or three fails to recreate the whole grand enterprise, is more of a boutique/low-volume producer emerging with the brand, patents, and maybe some of the tooling - more or less on the model of Ithaca.

Unfortunately it took Ithaca about 30 years to work things out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

oneounceload wrote:
So, did anything roll off the assembly line today?

I don't think so...

I have a non-Remington contact in Ilion. I just reached out to them to see if there was any movement or any production going on at the plant and his response was:

"As far as I have heard, the plant is opening back up but I don’t know when. They have called back approx 200 people so far to work. I don’t know how many people total they are planning on hiring."

So according to this local...the plant has yet to even reopen. This info is worth exactly what's been paid for it...

Last edited by hkg3k on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:01 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Case 20-81688-CRJ11 Doc 1552 Filed 03/01/21 Entered 03/01/21 15:56:58

---- "First, the Roundhill APA does not require Roundhill“ to hire at least 200 bargaining unit employees.” Rather, the Roundhill APA requires only that Roundhill“offer employment to at least two hundred (200) union Employees,” –an obligation that Roundhill timely and fully complied with when it sent out offer letters on or about December 14, 2020. Furthermore, the Roundhill APA does not require that Roundhill commence operations at the Ilion facility or, therefore, that it actually “hire” anyone. Ultimately, if Roundhill decides to commence operations at the Ilion facility, a decision it has not yet made, then it will hire employees."

It continues . . .
Quote:
At this point, Roundhill has neither commenced operations at the Ilion Plant nor decided that it will do so. Therefore, Roundhill has no former bargaining unit members in its employ. As such, Roundhill is not a successor employer and is under no immediate duty to bargain with the Union.

Quote:
Therefore, and for the reasons stated above, the Settlement Agreement cannot be approved as drafted, in that it contains inaccuracies regarding the import and impact of the Roundhill APA. For this reason, Roundhill respectfully requests that this Court deny the Motion without prejudice. DATED: March 1, 2021

I'll repeat, for this is what Roundhill told the Federal Bankruptcy Court yesterday, 3/1/2021:

"At this point, Roundhill has neither commenced operations at the Ilion Plant nor decided that it will do so."

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:46 am 
Crown Grade

Filed yesterday. I guess that answers that as to initiating operations.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:12 pm 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Case 20-81688-CRJ11 Doc 1552 Filed 03/01/21 Entered 03/01/21 15:56:58

Randy, do you have a link to that case where this can be read? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:01 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://cases.primeclerk.com/remingtono ... DocketInfo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:09 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

casonet wrote:
Restarting that company will require an enormous amount of money, not to mention a highly detailed plan with many many moving parts and a lot of time. Even with all of that in place it could well fall flat. I see it as a very very long shot at best and your worst nightmare. I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole with other investor’s money and most certainly not with mine.

Remington is dead: that's why the remnants are currently referred to as "THE ESTATE." While some might think that the Chapter 11 "Plan" is over and done with, that is far from the case. There are numerous objections that have *not* been litigated yet, from DuPont, Ruger, Sandy Hook families, United Mine Workers, the City of Huntsville,etc., etc.-- and the IRS.

There is no plan to reopen Ilion-- there has been all kinds of bad reporting, but what Roundhill has told the court is that they do not have to hire anyone, and that they have not decided if they are going to so much as attempt to reopen Ilion at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:16 pm 
Crown Grade

So what was the point of Roundhill getting into all of this in the first place? I guess I just do not understand why they would subject themselves to all of the costs associated with this and then not do anything - or are they simply hoping to flip this to someone else after making a few bucks?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

One has to wonder why individuals appear to have a fairly huge axe to grind on something that does not affect them whatsoever...

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.