ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington Lovers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:54 am 
Crown Grade

Now that Remington is going to reopen, are you going to support them and buy some new guns from them?

Post subject: Re: Remington Lovers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:59 am 
Crown Grade

I certainly would if I wasn’t 73 years old and have more guns than I can shoot now.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:18 am 
Crown Grade

I would like to see the 3200 available again!
Always liked those guns.
I have one now but was not updated and not going to spend $1700 to update.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:20 pm 
Diamond Grade

I'd buy a V3 IF the cam pin issue is resolved. Maybe two if they introduce a 20 ga.

I do not currently have a modern, steel shot/non-tox compatible, back up gun to my everyday target SP1 to also use as a loaner, and if necessary, be pressed into hunting duty. An updated V3 would fit that niche nicely and hopefully, affordably.

That said, so would a myriad of other brands, new or used. I'm very fond of 390s and older Beretta autos also, and who knows what the prices of the "new" Remington will look like comparatively.

I wish them the best, but I would not be totally surprised nor devastated if what we remember as the iconic Remington Arms Co. never returns with it's former status and success. But it would be nice if they did.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Probably a V3 20 gauge although I don't expect that to happen soon or maybe at all. I would prefer a B2000 or B80 20 gauge with steel receiver; but those are as rare as chicken teeth.

As for the cam pin "issue" that S.davis speaks to; I have a spare so I am sure it will never be an issue and I have not heard of others having problems with them. Don't know what that means in the long term.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:41 pm 
Crown Grade

S.davis wrote:
oyeme wrote:
As for the cam pin "issue" that S.davis speaks to

Got me mistaken with another poster on this matter, I think. I've put probably 2500-3000 rounds thru my V3 and had no problem. My cam pin is slightly peened, tho, which I checked out after reading about it on here. But my 26" walnut V3 is the only semi auto I currently own, and it's so nice and was so cheap, I don't have cause to buy another. Not a single hiccup, and it gets hunted hard.

Sorry, I stand corrected.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:18 pm 
Limited Edition

Depends on what they offer and initial quality/price.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:34 pm 
Crown Grade

I bought a set of 20 ga American classics in 1100 and 870 while they were offered, don’t know if I can see myself buying anything more.

I hope they are successful.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a complete set of 1100s Tournament Skeet .410 through 12 ga. In fact I have another full set as a back up. They were only made for a short time from 1979 to 1984. My favorite skeet guns bar none. I will shoot these during the few good years that I have left, so I don’t think I will need to buy any new ones. It’s kind of like Winchester: US Repeating arms all the followers on will never be like the originals

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

I'm an old fart and I'll buy a 28 gauge 870 right now. BUT, I demand a 28 inch barrel!! Choke tubes, walnut, cut checkering, nice blue. Since I'm the likely entire market for such a gun I doubt it will never happen. But, I would settle for a high quality 20 gauge 870. And can we please have guns with longer lengths of pull? 14 1/4 just doesn't cut it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:01 am 
Field Grade

I can care less for the production guns and just want the Custom Shop to get back to building shotguns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:33 am 
Crown Grade

If they put out even a couple of QUALITY models initially, at a fair price, I believe they’ll have a market. If they can get their feet on the ground, they can build from there. It’s like a start up . Crawl ...walk..run.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:17 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

>>I certainly would if I wasn’t 73 years old and have more guns than I can shoot now<<

Same here, only make that 79!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 am 
Limited Edition

All We can do is wait and hope...IF..... they get in operation I would consider another although I would wait a year . I sent them a message of support on their website to show interest. If they start production and ship any junk they will be Done. It's All up to them . A lot of "IF'S" here. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:55 am 
Crown Grade

.45colt wrote:
All We can do is wait and hope...IF..... they get in operation I would consider another although I would wait a year . I sent them a message of support on their website to show interest. If they start production and ship any junk they will be Done. It's All up to them . A lot of "IF'S" here. :shock:

I would agree. Lots of folks pulling for them, but they’ll only have one chance out of the starting blocks, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Can’t even imagine how long it will take to recoup the acquisition and start up costs with the profit on low cost shotguns. Remember, the old company owned an ammunition division that was probably highly profitable. It probably carried the rest of the company

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:16 am 
Limited Edition

if they bring back a Special Field 870 in 20g I'll buy two! They also need to improve some of the cosmetic aspects of the 870 Wingmasters like the thick ugly pad on the 12g, and some I've seen are terribly fit.
They need to bring out a 'Classic' model, an 870 or 1100 with high polish blueing and high grade oil finished walnut with butt plate. Also bring back the 870 16g but build it on the 20g LW frame. There are so many options for the new Remington to create desirable options that will definitely sell based on the old school 870 and 1100 actions. I already have 2 20g Wingmasters so will take something better than that to get me to buy anything from them again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Now that Remington is going to reopen, are you going to support them and buy some new guns from them?

Probably not. I got plenty of guns, and no desire to add anything Remington was making when they quit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

JoeCool wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:

Probably not. I got plenty of guns, and no desire to add anything Remington was making when they quit.

This is where I am. I'm NOT going to buy another field gun and Remington is highly unlikely to produce a target shotgun that I would prefer over my Kolar.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have a V3 28" walnut that I am extremely happy with. I want to purchase another V3 but this time a 26" walnut for use as a loaner gun for friends to use. I also want to buy a 22" barrel for that loaner for smaller people. I already have a walnut stock for a V3 that can adjust from 12 1/4" to 14 1/4" in half inch increments so matching the 26" barrel will work for the longer end of the LOP scale while the 22" barrel will work for the shorter end of the scale.

I would also like one of the V3 Competition Tactical guns with the 22" barrel for 3-gun and similar games. I might also use that gun for home defense with an 18" barrel, but I already have a very nice Mossberg 590a1 with a 20" barrel that fills that requirement, so the HD V3 variant is on a back burner.

I don't need any more pump shotguns so another 870 does not appeal to me, and the V3 is the only semi-automatic shotgun that I desire from any manufacturer at this time. Parts standardization and compatibility of barrels and stocks are more appealing than cosmetic attributes. I am pretty utilitarian in that regard.