ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is this what it’s come to ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

.45colt wrote:
It's just All a Mirage, like water floating on a bone , dry, desert.... lets inflate the prices till people can't stand it any more................just set the trap and move in for the kill.
I have seen it on other sights recently , here is the holy grail SHOTGUN for just $1.4990 for a well known semi-auto that would have been $399.00 a few years ago.
Usually the same dealers/people doing the same thing. put it up for a stupid high price and the next day marking it..... SOLD....SOLD..... :roll: :roll: :roll: .

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you, that you would imply there might be somewhat unscrupulous gun dealers out there. If you’re not from Indiana and haven’t been around for awhile you wouldn’t know about a gun dealer we had who used to run commercials on TV. He had the Mr. T gold chain starter set, a very obvious front gold tooth, and epitomized the stereotype of a sleazy used car salesman. His “schitck” was to stand in front of the camera and say “I don’t want to make any money folks, I just LOVE TO SELL GUNS.”” Wish I could find a pic of him to post.

Found it. Here’s the guy !

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:26 pm 
Crown Grade

Up over $4K now:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/891499458

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/891497580

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/891495384

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have one of those, paid $700 for it, I just might put it up for sale :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

Over $12,000 for three 1100’s !

The seller better put some in the offering plate !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I smell straw buyers at work here

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:24 pm 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
I smell straw buyers at work here

I’m not sure, two buyers on the one going for over $5K.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

16ga is over $6k and counting.

wewege bought a 28/410 pair for $3625 and a 410 for $1325 (from different sellers), as well as a LT20 barrel along the way. I doubt he's a shill bidder. He won the 28 for $4751

Cotton Farmer won the LT20 and the 410. Also doubt he's a shill (it doesn't make much sense to leave your shill holding the bag). He bid but fell out on a couple other 1100s.

Like I've said before, I think there are a lot of people out there who either were not financially harmed by COVID, or in fact financially benefited from it (I personally know people in both situations), while simultaneously not having any ability to spend $ on extras for the past 12 months (no vacations, no going out to eat dinner, no new car, ect).

Then again there's always the chance that some of the bidders/buyers were not actually shills, but people just playing a game to run the bid up for fun and to screw over the seller. Not common, but it happens, they get the thrill of the chase and gamble without having to actually pay anything.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 am 
Field Grade

Good post and comments. I've been wondering whats going on too. Thinking I might be in the market for a Wingmaster barrel (30" full 2 3/4" with vent rib), I've been floored at the prices for just a barrel being well over $300. I wonder how much my rarer 30" full Wingmaster with a Matte rib would sell for now? Lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:32 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

With 12,000,000 of them made you would not think that there would be a shortage

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:03 am 
Crown Grade

I had a pleasant conversation with the seller, seems like a nice fellow. I asked about a LH 20 ga 870 he had offered. ( https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892401154 ) He also has a LH 20 ga 1100 yet to list.

Great, any more stimulus money coming ?

Anyway he said he has these on consignment from a large Remington collection. If you look at his other offerings he has some very nice firearms.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:40 pm 
Crown Grade

I have been telling my friends to sell their Remington 870s and 1100s NOW. Some want to wait until the prices get higher! :shock:

I look at these prices on these guns and just want to scream to the bidders, HEY it's only an 870 or 1100! Unbelievable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I just bought a really nice 1100 Standard 20, skeet choked along with an extra stock set for $500. There are still bargains out there

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:19 am 
Presentation Grade

There are definitely still deals out there, but not so much on GunBroker.

I've been surprised at what's been turning up on the used rack at my LGS - A5/Rem 11s, Wingmasters, AL48s, and an assortment of odd doubles.

They might be what the Tacticool kids call Fudd guns, but their trade might be my safe's gain.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have a 1100 Competition Synthetic that I really like to shoot. I also have a second 1100 barrel 26" plain fixed IC choke barrel. Wonder what that might bring?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:55 am 
Diamond Grade

oyeme wrote:
Wow! That is beyond crazy.

It kind of begs the question, if you have any "extra" Remington guns around, why aren't you selling them now?

I sold my Remington autos into this frenzy, got good prices, and I don't expect to ever look back. Right now I am working on making my Winchester sx1 and Beretta 300 Outlander do the job. If I had any brains I would sell one of them also, but I don't, so I got 2 autos to keep me good and confused as to which one to use.