ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What... I ain't kidding.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:13 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Things you thought... well just ain't going to happen.

A Remington 1100 12ga regular field model just sold at a open floor/internet auction for $650 plus 15% buyers fee & tax.

A Remington 1100 16ga regular field model sold for $1600 + fee's.

A sleeve of 5,000 rifle primers sold for $800 + fee's.

Endowment Life Member NRA, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor (Rifle,Shotgun,Handgun), Georgia Hunter Safety Instructor, Boy Scout Merit Badge Counselor (Rifle,Shotgun). MOTTO: "Molding Young Minds Is The Future" & "I'm The NRA"

Post subject: Re: What... I ain't kidding.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:36 pm 
Diamond Grade

It is really wild out there. I think it is about time things start returning to earth, but who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:48 am 
Crown Grade

It's the new normal......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 am 
Crown Grade

Beginning to wonder if the cost ( firearms, ammunition, etc. ) of shooting isn`t in the process of pricing out the " regular " Joe (?).

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:44 am 
Diamond Grade

It only takes two crazy people to bid up an online auction.
Lots of local transactions going on at normal prices.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:17 am 
Tournament Grade

That’s nothing. A Remington 1100 16 ga ( new in box ) just sold for over $5,000 on Gunbroker. 20 ga and 28 ga by the same seller each sold for over $3,000. All guns were full choke. Decent but not great wood.

Is it because Remington went out of business ? Do people think the guns guns now have great collector value ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:22 am 
Crown Grade

amboy49 wrote:
That’s nothing. A Remington 1100 16 ga ( new in box ) just sold for over $5,000 on Gunbroker. 20 ga and 28 ga by the same seller each sold for over $3,000. All guns were full choke. Decent but not great wood.

Is it because Remington went out of business ? Do people think the guns guns now have great collector value ?

Can only suppose that some feel that the last original American made Remington gun that will ever be made has been so. If that`s accurate, who can say what the long term value will be? There`s literally millions of 870s and 1100s out there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
Beginning to wonder if the cost ( firearms, ammunition, etc. ) of shooting isn`t in the process of pricing out the " regular " Joe (?).

It has always appeared to me that shotgun sports were pastimes of the gentry up to WW-II. All that aerial gunnery training introduced the "Regular Joe" to the shotgun sports and why they boomed after WW-II.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:17 pm 
Field Grade

I was watching a big on-line auction this weekend and a 1100 20 gauge SF brought over $1,000 and a couple of 870 20 gauge SF's were over $700. A 410 870 was over $1,000 also.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 am 
Crown Grade

Researcher01 wrote:
Quote:

It has always appeared to me that shotgun sports were pastimes of the gentry up to WW-II. All that aerial gunnery training introduced the "Regular Joe" to the shotgun sports and why they boomed after WW-II.

I`m sure that played at least some role. 50`sa and 60`s were something of a golden era for shotgun shooting. Of course, it was a lot easier to hunt then, at least in the rural South.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Tidefanatic wrote:
Researcher01 wrote:
Quote:

I`m sure that played at least some role. 50`sa and 60`s were something of a golden era for shotgun shooting. Of course, it was a lot easier to hunt then, at least in the rural South.

That's for sure. I'm 71 and can't get around like I used to, but the main reason I don't hunt much anymore is because there's virtually no place left to do it in SE LA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:23 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

lossking wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
Researcher01 wrote:
Quote:

That's for sure. I'm 71 and can't get around like I used to, but the main reason I don't hunt much anymore is because there's virtually no place left to do it in SE LA.

lossking, I'll be 68 the first part of April. Close to 10 years ago if you'd told me I'd be hunting doves once a season & some of those seasons not at all, I'd laughed & thought yeah... right! Well that's about the way it's turned out. Went from wide open dove hunting to a almost halt. Shooting every Saturday, Wednesday afternoons before time change & then other afternoons if I found doves. All this when season was in of course! I had a saying, "Have gun will travel & I'd rather dove hunt than set down to dinner". Southern dove hunts have changed over the years. Farming practices have really changed too. No to very little corn fields due to no hog farming anymore. Another thing, pine trees being planted taking the place in fields where row crops were once.

Endowment Life Member NRA, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor (Rifle,Shotgun,Handgun), Georgia Hunter Safety Instructor, Boy Scout Merit Badge Counselor (Rifle,Shotgun). MOTTO: "Molding Young Minds Is The Future" & "I'm The NRA"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

dovehunter wrote:
lossking, I'll be 68 the first part of April. Close to 10 years ago if you'd told me I'd be hunting doves once a season & some of those seasons not at all, I'd laughed & thought yeah... right! Well that's about the way it's turned out. Went from wide open dove hunting to a almost halt. Shooting every Saturday, Wednesday afternoons before time change & then other afternoons if I found doves. All this when season was in of course! I had a saying, "Have gun will travel & I'd rather dove hunt than set down to dinner". Southern dove hunts have changed over the years. Farming practices have really changed too. No to very little corn fields due to no hog farming anymore. Another thing, pine trees being planted taking the place in fields where row crops were once.

Sorry to hear that, dovehunter. I thought I'd be hunting more as I got older, but I'm hardly hunting at all. Loss of habitat is the main issue here also, plus too many people wanting to hunt the little habitat that's left. Never thought it would come to this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

As long as the fear-mongers in the gun community have sway, and as long as suckers will pay exorbative / inflated prices for "fear of missing out", then the prices will never go back to normal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:56 am 
Presentation Grade

I misplaced the spare 7-shot magazine for my Glenfield 25 (a Marlin bolt action rimfire). These used to be on card stock at Dicks or Gander or wherever for maybe $15. I went online - nothing. I went to Ebay, and they're over $100.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:31 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

On Gunbroker right now, a new in the box 870 Express 20ga bid up to $680.00,used Express 28ga bid to 655,0. and a 410 Express $526.00.