ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Times have changed..
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:59 pm 
Field Grade

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=952204

This is mine... I too have been offered money for this gun, and told they didnt make them very long.. Made just prior to the express, for jus a bit,, then the express came on board..

Mine has a brokem ejector.. It still functions fine,, but I would like to fix it or have it repaired, Special gun to me.. Its been hunted quite a bit,but well taken care of.. I believe I bought it in '84..

I have looked hard for the part all over the internet.. No luck! Always listed as "discontinued" or "out of stock, "no longer available".. If it were a 410, 16 or 20 ga, I can buy as many as I would like.. No 12ga 3" or 2 3/4 available..

If any of you might have one or know someone that has one stashed,, I would much appreciate it..

Post subject: Re: How Times have changed..
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:14 pm 
Field Grade

I cant help you with your part, but I will say that is a pretty interesting gun, looks to be closer to a wingmaster quality of finish than an express. Hopefully Remington starts turning pit some guns and some parts, if not i sure hipe someone from the aftermarket fills that need.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The "Sportsman" series of the '80s is the best kept secret in Remingtons.

They made the Sportsman 12 in both pump (870) and auto (1100), the Sportsman 78 (700), the Sportsman 76 (7600), and the Sportsman 74 (7400), and the 581S (581). I think that was the entirety of the series.

The only difference was birch instead of walnut and perhaps a slightly lower quality of polish (although that could be debatable, the ones I've seen were identical), the first of the "value" guns.

Here's a Sportsmans pump going for about 1/2 to 2/3 of what a Wingmaster would bring right now: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895471409

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have had three and now wish I still did. The last one included Remchokes which I think was the only year they made them.

Good luck in finding your part.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

Have you checked to see if the ejector is the same as an 870? I wouldn't be surprised if Remington just went to the parts bin for it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:57 pm 
Field Grade

Its IS an 870 ejector..