ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1100 20 gauge standard
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi everyone. I have a 1100 20 gauge standard with a non vent/rib mod barrel and a smooth bore slug barrel combo. I’m looking to sell but I have no clue on the value of this gun. It’s a great gun in good working order but I’m looking for something with a VR and chokes. A few minor scratches and wear but over all good shape. Can anyone help me out on what I should look to get for this gun. Thanks everyone.

Post subject: Re: 1100 20 gauge standard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:30 am 
Presentation Grade

I will start the bidding at $150 with both barrels.

In all seriousness, it is hard to say what it may bring on the current market. The world is crazy and Remingtons are fetching good money since they went out of business. That slug barrel you have is usually a hard barrel to find. Standard weight slug barrels don't pop up every day and it may fetch a couple to a few hundred dollars just for that barrel. If you decide to sell, you may not want to sell as a package deal. Sell the barrel separate to get top dollar.

Me personally, I would keep that quality old Remington and buy a second gun. I could give a rip if a gun has a vent rib when I am swinging on a bird. With modified choke that gun should be great for shooting almost anything. Maybe a tad tight on skeet and a touch open for trap, but it will work just fine if you do your part. You put the slug barrel on that gun and you have a deer killer and a home defense gun all in one. Those old standard weights are great guns, very little recoil.

You can probably do a little online research and see what 1100s have been selling for. Look up some of the big barrel vendors and see what they want for an 1100 standard weight slug barrel.

I shoot sporting clays with some guys who use their fixed choke old hunting guns and they consistently shoot in the 80's with fixed full and modified chokes. Dont overthink the vent rib or choke just shoot the gun and enjoy it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Recently I purchased an 1100 20ga standard frame with a vent rib skeet barrel for $500. The gun is in quite good shape but had been shot a lot. I believe that they will bring at least $200 more these days.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

Pick one of the barrels, put it up on gunbroker with that one barrel starting at maybe $150, and see what happens. I think you will be satisfied with the result, and next you can put the other barrel up on ebay starting at some low figure and again, I think you will be happy. I recently put an 870 12 gauge receiver up on gunbroker for 150 starting. It had no barrel, just receiver and synthetic stocks. It brought $386 and had 27 watchers, and quite a few bidders.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

By the way, just about the only guns that I shoot anymore are my 1100s. I shoot them better than anything else that I own including some very expensive O/U guns. I’m going to sell everything but the 1100s. Don’t ask me why? They just fit and shoot exactly where I’m lookin’

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:46 am 
Tournament Grade

casonet wrote:
By the way, just about the only guns that I shoot anymore are my 1100s. I shoot them better than anything else that I own including some very expensive O/U guns. I’m going to sell everything but the 1100s. Don’t ask me why? They just fit and shoot exactly where I’m lookin’

I'm with you Casonet. I've owned some very nice 0/U shotguns but I keep going back to my 1100's. They are now all I shoot for clay games.