ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Remington is back!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:55 am 
Field Grade

SHughes wrote:
I personally don’t care if REM Arms misses a deadline to open, as long as they are taking steps to open. It appears as though they are doing just that. For the sake of employees who work/worked in that factory, and the thousands of Remington firearm customers, I hope they do. I hope I never need replacement parts for any of my guns, but it will be great to know I can get some, should I ever need to. Too many members on here over analyze and hang on what was put out by the media. I’m sure it was the intention of Roundhill to start production back much sooner. They had set backs. It’s no different than when the V3 was introduced. It took a year after introduction before they started rolling them out of Illion. Some on here had much more patience back then. The contempt now shown to a group trying to resurrect an American made product is a bit baffling to me.

Well said. The contempt shown for trying to resurrect Remington firearms is baffling to me also.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:07 am 
Tournament Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
SHughes wrote:
I personally don’t care if REM Arms misses a deadline to open, as long as they are taking steps to open. It appears as though they are doing just that. For the sake of employees who work/worked in that factory, and the thousands of Remington firearm customers, I hope they do. I hope I never need replacement parts for any of my guns, but it will be great to know I can get some, should I ever need to. Too many members on here over analyze and hang on what was put out by the media. I’m sure it was the intention of Roundhill to start production back much sooner. They had set backs. It’s no different than when the V3 was introduced. It took a year after introduction before they started rolling them out of Illion. Some on here had much more patience back then. The contempt now shown to a group trying to resurrect an American made product is a bit baffling to me.

In some cases, could be some personal back stories involved.

I agree. It does seem as though some have taken it very personally.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am 
Limited Edition

Especially those who ‘hung their hat’ on some false belief that they were actually ‘in the know’ or had some special connections.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:04 am 
Tournament Grade

History has made it very clear that no one on Shotgun World had, or has any clue what goes on behind closed doors at any firearms manufacturing company’s headquarters. There no cause to berate anyone for having an opinion concerning the goings on. Nor is there reason to show contempt for any hoping products are resurrected. It’s a shame topics like this can’t be discussed without it getting to a point where the thread has to be shut down. Claiming Roundhill has no intention of re opening the factory and posting past statements made to media as proof is nothing more than pure speculation. It also makes no difference to me why the Remington firearms division only sold for thirteen million dollars. It very well could be due to the location of the factory and the complexity of navigating a CBA with the Union. Everything Roundhill has done to date lends to the notion that they are, in fact, attempting to re open. There’s no other reason for them to apply for a FFL. There’s no other reason for them to negotiate with the Union to hire workers, and there’s no other reason for them to advertise they are coming back if they never had intentions of doing so. I hope this thread remains open, so someone can share any news on here concerning the activities going on at Illion. It won’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t happen, but I’d still prefer to see the factory up and running again. I’m sure most on here would agree.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:12 am 
Crown Grade

SHughes wrote:
History has made it very clear that no one on Shotgun World had, or has any clue what goes on behind closed doors at any firearms manufacturing company’s headquarters. There no cause to berate anyone for having an opinion concerning the goings on. Nor is there reason to show contempt for any hoping products are resurrected. It’s a shame topics like this can’t be discussed without it getting to a point where the thread has to be shut down. Claiming Roundhill has no intention of re opening the factory and posting past statements made to media as proof is nothing more than pure speculation. It also makes no difference to me why the Remington firearms division only sold for thirteen million dollars. It very well could be due to the location of the factory and the complexity of navigating a CBA with the Union. Everything Roundhill has done to date lends to the notion that they are, in fact, attempting to re open. There’s no other reason for them to apply for a FFL. There’s no other reason for them to negotiate with the Union to hire workers, and there’s no other reason for them to advertise they are coming back if they never had intentions of doing so. I hope this thread remains open, so someone can share any news on here concerning the activities going on at Illion. It won’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t happen, but I’d still prefer to see the factory up and running again. I’m sure most on here would agree.

Most, yes, but one can only surmise, not all.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

Post subject: Remington is back!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:33 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As a former business owner from what I have read and heard about the whole deal it appeared to me to be a long shot, a very long shot, BUT, I don’t know everything either. I only know what has been spoken about or broadcast or published, and I will be the first to admit that’s not everything. It will be interesting to watch the start up and even more interesting to see if it can be sustained. Such start ups are money hogs and they continue until a profit is produced, if any. Again, it will be interesting to watch.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

Flyingtargets! wrote:
Especially those who ‘hung their hat’ on some false belief that they were actually ‘in the know’ or had some special connections.

It was sad to watch really.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:46 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

bayoushooter7 wrote:
Employees back on Monday and firearms by the end of April! :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNNbi3hpxAT ... 8r83a07k94

You got snookered by an instagram account that is the Instagram account of Remington Ammunition, owned by Vista. It has nothing to do with any firearms at all. The "back part" is Remington ammunition.

http://randywakeman.com/

Last edited by RandyWakeman on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:29 am 
Utility Grade

The gram account used was remingtonarmscompany. An account with over 700k followers and 2k posts. The official Instagram account of America's Oldest Gunmaker.

Haters gonna hate!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This just out:
https://youtu.be/cGu9RFl6_N0

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:43 am 
Tournament Grade

Let’s hope they are successful and continue adding firearms to the line.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

From Utica news last Thursday:

https://wibx950.com/5-big-things-we-now ... -in-ilion/

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

Last edited by Skeet_Man on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:31 pm 
Limited Edition

Skeet_Man wrote:

I'm sure the good vibes will start rolling again when Roundhill ponies up for favorable reviews and comped hunting trips...

Minus at least one or two I can think of:-).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

Flyingtargets! wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:

I'm sure the good vibes will start rolling again when Roundhill ponies up for favorable reviews and comped hunting trips...

If the new owners make functional shotguns that don't need to be returned multiple times they'll be a step ahead of the Remingtons that have been made in the last few years.

But that "lifetime warranty" sure was great during those years, wasn't it?

If Remington goes back to pre-Cerberus quality I'd be a buyer, even if the prices were higher. If they continue what they've made since Cerberus, I'll stick to buying old Dupont era Remingtons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Jeepwm69 wrote:
Flyingtargets! wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:

If the new owners make functional shotguns that don't need to be returned multiple times they'll be a step ahead of the Remingtons that have been made in the last few years.

But that "lifetime warranty" sure was great during those years, wasn't it?

If Remington goes back to pre-Cerberus quality I'd be a buyer, even if the prices were higher. If they continue what they've made since Cerberus, I'll stick to buying old Dupont era Remingtons.

While I`ve personally had no issues with the Remington guns I`ve purchased " in the last few years" , I wholeheartedly agree that a quality firearm right from the jump is critical. For practical purposes, Remington is starting over. In that sense, you only have one chance to make a first impression.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

bayoushooter7 wrote:
The gram account used was remingtonarmscompany. An account with over 700k followers and 2k posts. The official Instagram account of America's Oldest Gunmaker.

Haters gonna hate!

It has nothing to do with Ilion and nothing to do with firearms whatsoever. Captain Obvious knows this.

The social media accounts for Remington Ammunition are all linked right on their site: https://www.remington.com/ in plain sight, right on the opening page. It is hard to miss, it says:

Check Us Out On Social

Connect with us here.

All the Remington Ammunition social media accounts have their links right there.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 pm 
Limited Edition

RandyWakeman wrote:
bayoushooter7 wrote:

Haters gonna hate!

It has nothing to do with Ilion and nothing to do with firearms whatsoever. Captain Obvious knows this.

The social media accounts for Remington Ammunition are all linked right on their site: https://www.remington.com/ in plain sight, right on the opening page. It is hard to miss, it says:

Thank you 007.

Check Us Out On Social

Connect with us here.

All the Remington Ammunition social media accounts have their links right there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:49 am 
Presentation Grade

Still seems to me they're most likely to be on a track similar to Ithaca. The new operation will make some of the nostalgia products - 870s being the most notable - in wingmaster and glossier configurations, but probably only make a small fraction of the volume the old operation made. And they'll be relatively higher priced.

I welcome the return of 870s and 1100s in blue and walnut, even at $1000 or $1500, but many will miss the $250 870 Express on sale in the fall.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Great guns, but remember, one is a 1950 model and the other a 1963 model. They still must compete with everything else on the market including newer designs. A higher price point might make that difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:18 am 
Limited Edition

I like many here grew up surrounded by Great quality Remingtons.....I hope the New Remington can build quality guns . If I was in charge the V3 and Versa Max would be first , a new production 870 Wingmaster would probably be $999.00 .
This world is changing fast. I see Tristar now has a new wood stocked pump. It will never be an 870 but new people will never know the difference. Looks familiar doesn't It?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/897614103

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next