ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "New Model" 1100 parts
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:55 pm 
Presentation Grade

I was able to obtain "New Model 1100" (smooth sides, no engraving) to replace a cracked receiver on my 50 year old 1100.

It works.....worked....until it broke the feed latch. I got the old latch out and it appears the latch was much more securely staked into the receiver.

I obtained an unbroken latch from a old classic 1100.

I'll be darned if I can get it in. Side-by-side to the old latch, it looks the same other than where is broke.

What's the trick of getting it in?

Must I obtain a latch for a "New Model 1100"? Where?

Post subject: Re: "New Model" 1100 parts
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The feed latch is unchanged from 1963 until 2020. They do NOT have to be staked in - the pins and the trigger group hold them in the proper place. Sometimes the old staking may interfere with insertion of a new latch. Try to wriggle it in there. You may have to bend the old staking a little.