ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 11-87 carrier sticking while loading.
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

A friend was shooting a round of clays with me when his 11-87 premier’s carrier latch started sticking up when loading the second shell. It wouldn’t happen every time and when it did a fast tap on the release would set it free. He gave it to me to be look at and I haven’t looked at it yet. I assume something is probably bent on the carrier assembly. Does anyone know what I should be looking for in specific? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: 11-87 carrier sticking while loading.
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

See if the carrier is rubbing against the side of the receiver.

Bobcat

Post subject: Re: 11-87 carrier sticking while loading.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:56 am 
Utility Grade

I would start with the obvious "give it a good cleaning" first. Break it down then remove the trigger group and give it a good shot of Birchwood Casey Gunscrubber or similar then try it again.