ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOT NEWS.....Got a new 870 from the new Remington
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:04 pm 
Crown Grade

.45colt wrote:
In todays world of phone calls , e-mails , text thing and screaming out the window I would think a company wanting to compete on a world class level would want to let buyers know what was going on. If We call Tri-Star we get a REAL LIVE HUMAN who answers the phone . And they deal with shotguns that are made in TURKEY. :shock:
I live about 250 miles from REMARMS.

Could not agree more. I suppose I can understand a soft pedaled approach while re-entering the firearms market in New York, but I’d damn sure have somebody answering the phone!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:57 pm 
Field Grade

My brother just called. LGS has one the new 870 Express's. He got to handle it and commented that the barreled felted like it was a lighter contour than past production Express barrels and it had a 3.5 in chamber (receiver is still 3 in).

I just might buy it!!!!!

Fred

Last edited by shootandfish2 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

Fred ,what state are you in ?

Bobcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:06 pm 
Field Grade

Bobcat Welding wrote:
Fred ,what state are you in ?

Bobcat

Hi Bobcat, I'm in KY, South-Central part, south side of Lake Cumberland.

Fred

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:46 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks Fred ,just checking the distribution pattern.

Bobcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:24 am 
Crown Grade

This is a really great marketing technique. Don’t tell anyone you’re open!
Don’t answer your phones. :w

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:17 am 
Field Grade

IDK, maybe their current priority is to simply get some product into the pipeline, and avoid any hoopla.

The wholesale distributor nearest me, G Zanders, happens to keep the inventory side of their website open to the public. Up until a month or two ago, their Remington gun listings were unchanged from before the bankruptcy, with all the old SKU's still listed. Then, a week or two ago I noticed they had wiped all the Remington guns from their site. Now, they are listing the two guns mentioned in this thread, along with an 870 Tac 14, UPC 047700812304. I dropped that UPC into gun.deals search, and some of those are apparently available, too (at approximately $600). BTW, gun.deals is now showing the hardwood Express available at about $400, so it's apparently settling into a sensible price level.

So, it appears RemArms is following through on their stated plans of several weeks back: start simple with the 870, building that product line out. I'm guessing more Expresses and Tacticals will follow, and then we'll see some dipped camo offerings, and then maybe some walnut and polished blue. Or, if their work flows go through a common finishing shop, we may see synthetic/matte 700's before any Wingmasters, which may commence alongside the BDL's.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:43 am 
Diamond Grade

Ya know I can think of several guns in the past that were hyped and evaluated in advance as desirable and then I couldn't find one and ended up about half p o'd because of it. I really wanted a C Z sharptail target s x s and it took months of looking, further back I wanted a Spartan s x s in 45-70 hyped at the shot show (don't even ask) and they never did come out. Maybe there is a backlash component to hyping/generating interest and then not being able to provide a flood of guns to supply the buying response.

Bobcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm just glad the new Remington is up and running and selling guns. A modest start, to be sure, but that is to be expected and more than many predicted. Let's see what happens from here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 am 
Limited Edition

No one wants to see Remington back more than Me. If I can't get through to customer service I won't spend a dime. sixteen months ago I took delivery of My synthetic V3. it had issues right out of the box . I called them immediately and they sent ups with a tag. they took care of the problem and it was back in two weeks. That is all I expect.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You guys don't think Remington has staffing issues like every other company in the entire country? Some of you act like they should be back running full tilt on day one.

If I was Remington I'd concentrate on getting product out the door and revenue coming in (the former being the only thing that guarantees the latter). I wouldn't even bother with customer service right now, there aren't enough RemArms guns in the wild to even worry about "service" at this point. They have better things to do than sit answering "You guys making guns yet" literally 1000 times a day. Not to mention the fact that they are under no obligation to, and likely don't want to deal with any pre-RemArms guns/parts/service/questions anyways. So with a handful of RemArms guns in the wild, how much customer service do their actual owners honestly need at this point?

Maybe one of you guys ought to drive up to Ilion and offer to answer the phones for them...

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 pm 
Limited Edition

When I tried to call and got the "Welcome to Remington country" repeater that is where they only need to explain that "We are working hard to get underway and back to business but can't answer calls right now. Please stay tuned. Thank You for your interest in Remington"............ Simple.
Maybe if they could be contacted an old geezer like me could work for them. I'd be glad to answer the phone .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

If the quality is there the rest is semantics.

I heard the "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" over and over again when bemoaning the trashcan gun fit and finish that summed up the guns before the bankruptcy.

A warranty means nothing from a company that is crashing and burning.

Warranties aren't needed for quality products. If you think you need a warranty, you probably should be buying another brand.

Hopefully the people who got their jobs back will have some decent leadership this time around as opposed to corporate raiders. If the new management is invested in rekindling the brand post-Cerberus, then they need to focus on making the guns as good as they used to be. If someone wants a shoddily thrown together but functional gun, they can buy a Maverick 88 for a lot less money.

I hope they bring the Wingmaster back to it's former, Dupont-era glory.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:25 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Jeepwm69 wrote:
Warranties aren't needed for quality products. If you think you need a warranty, you probably should be buying another brand.

BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volvo, etc., didn't get that memo. With quality products, warranties cost less to provide. The lobby to convince Kolar, CG, Krieghoff, and Perazzi to drop all warranty coverage is not gaining traction.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

OK, a little prowling on the RemArms website and I located this page describing the warranty policy.

https://www.remarms.com/support/firearm-warranty-information/

It states...

"RemArms LLC has elected not to provide any written-warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. Firearms returned to RemArms for service will be evaluated to determine if services will be provided at a fee or free of charge."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 am 
Crown Grade

Road Man wrote:
OK, a little prowling on the RemArms website and I located this page describing the warranty policy.

It states...

"RemArms LLC has elected not to provide any written-warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. Firearms returned to RemArms for service will be evaluated to determine if services will be provided at a fee or free of charge."

Doesn’t give a lot of consumer confidence in their product! ^77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am 
Crown Grade

Road Man wrote:

It states...

I’m OK with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Browning has no written warranty either.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:50 am 
Crown Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Road Man wrote:

It states...

Doesn’t give a lot of consumer confidence in their product! ^77

Duk, would the warranty ( or lack thereof ) be a big determiner of whether or not you purchased a gun? I know as I ask this that my question is somewhat moot since I believe you only purchase Beretta 400s ( ? ) :D

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:22 pm 
Field Grade

casonet wrote:
Browning has no written warranty either.

And the RemArms policy sounds like the Ruger warranty statement as of the last time I read it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next