ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOT NEWS.....Got a new 870 from the new Remington
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:30 am 
Diamond Grade

.45colt wrote:
I looked at the link on gunbroker and every one the boxes make no mention of "RemArms" . does the new gun still just have Remington on it?

Haven't seen any reference to Rem Arms on the boxes or on the guns unless it's in the fine print somewhere. Might be in the accompanying paperwork or owners manual.

Bobcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:45 am 
Crown Grade

If they ( 870`s ) are now on the racks and available on line, shouldn`t be long before we begin to see additional evaluations of fit, finish and function. IMO, if the "new' Remington has a chance to get off the ground, these evaluations/reviews will be critical. I hope that they`re closely inspecting and testing each and every gun before it goes in a box and out the door.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You only get one chance to make a good first impression. The market is brutal in this respect

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
You only get one chance to make a good first impression. The market is brutal in this respect

Amen. Surely they realize that. It should be plastered all over that plant. Also hope that they`re customer service department picks up where it left off at the end of the old company. It was excellent right up to the end. While holding quality issues to an absolute minimum is critical, service AFTER the sale can go a long way to solidifying customer satisfaction . I`d be tying bonus incentives to staff discovery of product quality issues prior to shipment. It`s that critical.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They have the rights to use the Remington name, so there's no reason for them to use RemArms anywhere (since it'd only serve to confuse consumers), RemArms is basically just the holding company, and that name will likely never be used on a product.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:02 am 
Tournament Grade

My question is how do we know the 870s for sale on line are from RemArms and not new old stock?... There has to be some way to differentiate them. I hope the ones on sale now are in fact from RemArms. It is an indication some other models could be coming back soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is always the date code on the barrel

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:39 am 
Diamond Grade

RemArms did appear to secure the right to use the name Remington with regard to the firearms they sell. I would expect that in the small print on whatever printed material is enclosed with one of the guns they manufacture the name RemArms does appear somewhere, probably deep in the legaleeze section.

As far as a question about new old stock. I would think that if someone was holding on to a volume of new old stock we would have seen it on the market months ago. I am just a regular guy, and I have no inside contacts, but it seems to make complete sense to me that any new guns in volume appearing for sale would most likely be made by RemArms.

I am still surprised that the RemArms website is silent on the issue of putting guns out on the market. I would also think they would be including some sort of information in the box proudly proclaiming that the gun that was just purchased is from the new company with plenty of stuff about how hard they are working to return the name to a proud place, etc...

The silence from RemArms is the only reason that I would have for any suspicion that these guns are not made by them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:50 am 
Crown Grade

Maybe it’s a “soft opening” as they say.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 am 
Crown Grade

Road Man wrote:
RemArms did appear to secure the right to use the name Remington with regard to the firearms they sell. I would expect that in the small print on whatever printed material is enclosed with one of the guns they manufacture the name RemArms does appear somewhere, probably deep in the legaleeze section.

As far as a question about new old stock. I would think that if someone was holding on to a volume of new old stock we would have seen it on the market months ago. I am just a regular guy, and I have no inside contacts, but it seems to make complete sense to me that any new guns in volume appearing for sale would most likely be made by RemArms.

I am still surprised that the RemArms website is silent on the issue of putting guns out on the market. I would also think they would be including some sort of information in the box proudly proclaiming that the gun that was just purchased is from the new company with plenty of stuff about how hard they are working to return the name to a proud place, etc...

The silence from RemArms is the only reason that I would have for any suspicion that these guns are not made by them.

See Bobcat`s post on page 2 relative to the advisability of making a big splash as far as publicity is concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am 
Tournament Grade

Road Man wrote:

This is exactly why I asked about a warranty. I’d assume RemArms would include paperwork about any potential warranty. It is shocking that RemArms isn’t making a big deal of sending out new 870s. Maybe they can’t afford an advertising division. Perhaps they should give some former Shills on here a call.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:44 am 
Diamond Grade

And my post two posts later, also on page 2.

Edit: This was in response to Tidefanatics post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:58 am 
Presentation Grade

casonet wrote:
The vast majority of pump gun buyers aren't even aware Remington went bankrupt would be my SWAG.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

clayflingythingy wrote:
casonet wrote:
The vast majority of pump gun buyers aren't even aware Remington went bankrupt would be my SWAG.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hell, I'd go a step further and wager a vast majority of the entire gun owning public have no idea Remington went bankrupt and shut down for the better part of a year. I still see questions all the time asking why can't I find this or that Remington gun in stock anywhere.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:34 pm 
Limited Edition

I just got on Remarms website and under contact I tried to send them a contact e-mail about the new guns. it would not go through , said there is an error. I then tried to call the phone # 315-895-3200. got a couple of recordings "welcome to Remington country" trying for customer service. no one home........... :shock: .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:15 pm 
Crown Grade

.45colt wrote:
I just got on Remarms website and under contact I tried to send them a contact e-mail about the new guns. it would not go through , said there is an error. I then tried to call the phone # 315-895-3200. got a couple of recordings "welcome to Remington country" trying for customer service. no one home........... :shock: .

That`s not good if you`re trying to resurrect a business!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

OK..........I just got home with a "new" Remington 870 Express, although it does not say Express on the gun. Initial observation, it's very well finished, nice finish on all metal, same as the V3 Sportsman, yes it a plain hardwood stock but very well shaped and inletting is very well done..............Now as to question of "new", my local shop, Colonie, NY, said new production, serial is CCXXXXH, not sure if that indicates anything, NO "rep" proof mark, the mark is a plain P, very well struck, there is NO traditional Remington barrel code any place on the barrel, I'm a 60 year Remington owner so I know what to look for.

The box is the same as for the past few years, the manual also the same a previous 870's, no explicit warranty stated. I purchased the gun because my grandson took a liking to my old Express, late '90's vintage and has been shooting it this past year, very well I might add, this gun seems to match that gun in build QC aside from the very plain wood. My old '66 Wingmaster "silver spoon" is semi-retired, reason for the new 870.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:02 pm 
Crown Grade

NYshotgunner wrote:
OK..........I just got home with a "new" Remington 870 Express, although it does not say Express on the gun. Initial observation, it's very well finished, nice finish on all metal, same as the V3 Sportsman, yes it a plain hardwood stock but very well shaped and inletting is very well done..............Now as to question of "new", my local shop, Colonie, NY, said new production, serial is CCXXXXH, not sure if that indicates anything, NO "rep" proof mark, the mark is a plain P, very well struck, there is NO traditional Remington barrel code any place on the barrel, I'm a 60 year Remington owner so I know what to look for.

The box is the same as for the past few years, the manual also the same a previous 870's, no explicit warranty stated. I purchased the gun because my grandson took a liking to my old Express, late '90's vintage and has been shooting it this past year, very well I might add, this gun seems to match that gun in build QC aside from the very plain wood. My old '66 Wingmaster "silver spoon" is semi-retired, reason for the new 870.

Certainly doesn’t sound like new old stock to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:05 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

.45colt wrote:

That's something that they are going to have to overcome. I'd guess by next year (2022 SHOT Show, etc.) they are going to have to have something of substance to say and to offer if they want to instill some minimal level of consumer confidence.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:27 pm 
Limited Edition

In todays world of phone calls , e-mails , text thing and screaming out the window I would think a company wanting to compete on a world class level would want to let buyers know what was going on. If We call Tri-Star we get a REAL LIVE HUMAN who answers the phone . And they deal with shotguns that are made in TURKEY. :shock:
I live about 250 miles from REMARMS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next