ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOT NEWS.....Got a new 870 from the new Remington
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

F*W*F wrote:
casonet wrote:
Browning has no written warranty either.

And the RemArms policy sounds like the Ruger warranty statement as of the last time I read it.

Yep.

I would rather they produce quality vs warranty a turd like the 887.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Road Man wrote:
OK, a little prowling on the RemArms website and I located this page describing the warranty policy.

https://www.remarms.com/support/firearm-warranty-information/

It states...

"RemArms LLC has elected not to provide any written-warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. Firearms returned to RemArms for service will be evaluated to determine if services will be provided at a fee or free of charge."

Doesn’t give a lot of consumer confidence in their product! ^77

Duk, would the warranty ( or lack thereof ) be a big determiner of whether or not you purchased a gun? I know as I ask this that my question is somewhat moot since I believe you only purchase Beretta 400s ( ? ) :D

Not true! Just bought a Browning Gold 10 Lite!
Just bought a 80s wingmaster in 28 ga.
Just bought a Winchester Model 12 in 20 ga.
Did just buy another Beretta A-400. Xtreme Plus.
No, the lack of a written warranty would not stop me from buying a new RemArm gun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:29 pm 
Crown Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Road Man wrote:
OK, a little prowling on the RemArms website and I located this page describing the warranty policy.

https://www.remarms.com/support/firearm-warranty-information/

It states...

"RemArms LLC has elected not to provide any written-warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. Firearms returned to RemArms for service will be evaluated to determine if services will be provided at a fee or free of charge."

Doesn’t give a lot of consumer confidence in their product! ^77

Duk, would the warranty ( or lack thereof ) be a big determiner of whether or not you purchased a gun? I know as I ask this that my question is somewhat moot since I believe you only purchase Beretta 400s ( ? ) :D

Not true! Just bought a Browning Gold 10 Lite!
Just bought a 80s wingmaster in 28 ga.
Just bought a Winchester Model 12 in 20 ga.
Did just buy another Beretta A-400. Xtreme Plus.
No, the lack of a written warranty would not stop me from buying a new RemArm gun.

I most humbly stand corrected, sir!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Jeepwm69 wrote:
Warranties aren't needed for quality products. If you think you need a warranty, you probably should be buying another brand.

BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volvo, etc., didn't get that memo. With quality products, warranties cost less to provide. The lobby to convince Kolar, CG, Krieghoff, and Perazzi to drop all warranty coverage is not gaining traction.

The foolish get suckered into buying crap products under the "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" claim, justifying buying a lesser product under the illusion that it will be repaired "for free".

Several shilled for Remington's "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" while the company was falling apart. Warranties on crap products aren't worth the paper they're printed on, because the company will likely fail.

You also have companies like Oakley, who offered a "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" and then just suddenly decided to stop honoring that warranty one day.

I don't have any idea what the warranty was on my Honda. Doesn't matter. I didn't need it. Same for my Lexus. I wouldn't touch a BMW, Audi, VW, or Mercedes, warranty or not. I don't want something that I cannot depend on.

So many fools fall for the "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" from oreillyzone starters and alternators. Sure, you get a free replacement WHEN (not if, but when) the unit fails. The question is, how does that warranty help you when you're sitting on the side of the road in the middle of the night?

I'll repeat, good products from good companies won't need a warranty. Post-Cerberus Remington threw that warranty out there to try to convince people to keep buying their products after quality control went to hell. It obviously didn't drive too many sales, as they still ceased to exist.

New company might be shysters, or they might actually just make things right if a buyer gets a lemon, but anyone who buys a product these days with some illusion that a warranty means jack squat is a fool.

Hopefully the new guns will be good enough to where they won't need a warranty dangled out there to convince people to buy the products.

Quality speaks for itself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

Jeepwm69 wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
Jeepwm69 wrote:
Warranties aren't needed for quality products. If you think you need a warranty, you probably should be buying another brand.

BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volvo, etc., didn't get that memo. With quality products, warranties cost less to provide. The lobby to convince Kolar, CG, Krieghoff, and Perazzi to drop all warranty coverage is not gaining traction.

The foolish get suckered into buying crap products under the "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" claim, justifying buying a lesser product under the illusion that it will be repaired "for free".

Several shilled for Remington's "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" while the company was falling apart. Warranties on crap products aren't worth the paper they're printed on, because the company will likely fail.

You also have companies like Oakley, who offered a "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" and then just suddenly decided to stop honoring that warranty one day.

I don't have any idea what the warranty was on my Honda. Doesn't matter. I didn't need it. Same for my Lexus. I wouldn't touch a BMW, Audi, VW, or Mercedes, warranty or not. I don't want something that I cannot depend on.

So many fools fall for the "LIFETIME WARRANTY!" from oreillyzone starters and alternators. Sure, you get a free replacement WHEN (not if, but when) the unit fails. The question is, how does that warranty help you when you're sitting on the side of the road in the middle of the night?

I'll repeat, good products from good companies won't need a warranty. Post-Cerberus Remington threw that warranty out there to try to convince people to keep buying their products after quality control went to hell. It obviously didn't drive too many sales, as they still ceased to exist.

New company might be shysters, or they might actually just make things right if a buyer gets a lemon, but anyone who buys a product these days with some illusion that a warranty means jack squat is a fool.

Hopefully the new guns will be good enough to where they won't need a warranty dangled out there to convince people to buy the products.

Quality speaks for itself.

Lol.....Honda builds the perfect car for guys like you......lol.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No warranty is worth more than the company that endorses it

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

.45colt wrote:
In todays world of phone calls , e-mails , text thing and screaming out the window I would think a company wanting to compete on a world class level would want to let buyers know what was going on. If We call Tri-Star we get a REAL LIVE HUMAN who answers the phone . And they deal with shotguns that are made in TURKEY. :shock:
I live about 250 miles from REMARMS.

I know of no one that does not expect some level of customer service with the purchase of a new product. The firearms industry is moving towards more consumer-savvy policies. Weatherby had no general written warranty for decades. There was ample pressure for them to change that, and they have: https://weatherby.com/support/warranty/ .

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:19 pm 
Limited Edition

While at Scheels today I asked a Gun Guy if they've indeed had any new Remmys in stock. (Confirming the report from my kid.)

He said yeah, last week they'd had about 15-20 new 870 Express models in. Sold out quickly. I didn't think to ask what the new price tag was.

He said they seemed totally indistinguishable from any previous 870 Expresses as far as he could tell -- including the packaging and box branding.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:42 pm 
Crown Grade

HenryVac wrote:
While at Scheels today I asked a Gun Guy if they've indeed had any new Remmys in stock. (Confirming the report from my kid.)

He said yeah, last week they'd had about 15-20 new 870 Express models in. Sold out quickly. I didn't think to ask what the new price tag was.

He said they seemed totally indistinguishable from any previous 870 Expresses as far as he could tell -- including the packaging and box branding.

Looking forward to some " reports from the field "!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Tidefanatic wrote:

Why?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:

Why?

Why? Seriously, Why?

Actual owners reports can be very useful. If there are lots of reports of gun jamming, rusting, or simply poor quality issues that result in guns performing poorly when they appear to the naked eye to be fine, is why!

Something can look good but exhibit problems that only make themselves evident after actual use by consumers.

Reports from users are important. Now, having said that, even the best of machines can and will have some problems. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about widely reported trends that indicate actual manufacturing issues. I fully expect that RemArms will be confronted by some guns with problems, and by some guns I mean a small percentage. If there are reports from the guy at Scheels for example that 90% of the guns that they sold are resulting in angry and dissatisfied customers then that would be very important to know about.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:14 pm 
Limited Edition

As soon as someone can get through to Remington customer service let Me know. I tried earlier this week and no one was home. I know how proven the 870 is , I bought My first Wing Master in 1974 for $225.00 . I'm not concerned about the lack of warranty but when I try to call a new manufacture of a product and get NOTHING....forget it. I've been down that road before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 pm 
Crown Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:

Why?

Why not?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:23 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

.45colt wrote:
As soon as someone can get through to Remington customer service let Me know. I tried earlier this week and no one was home.

This thread can hit ten or twenty pages, and it means nothing. It isn't Remington anymore, it is RemArms LLC. As far as arguing about written warranties. no one complains if THEIR shotgun issue is taken care of by a warranty / customer service. All successful shotgun companies have decent customer service.

Essentially all significant shotgun brands have written warranties. Even Browning has an international warranty, one that can be extended by one year year: https://browning.eu/warranty/ . The A5 comes with a 5 year / 100,000 round guarantee: https://www.browning.com/products/firea ... ns/a5.html . The rest of the line, in the U.S., is uneven. However, Browning (Herstal Group) is hardly a tiny, new company struggling to make a footprint: that's a big difference.

There never has been an 870 Express class shotgun considered high quality. No shotgun with a cratewood / hardwood stock and a cheap matte finish is considered a quality shotgun from anyone. This is news to no one.

If RemArms has a story to tell, it takes little more than a quick YouTube video to let their prospective customers and dealers know what they are trying to accomplish and what their goals are. That no one at RemArms has been capable of hitting the record button on a smartphone over the last seven months or so, or has made a Facebook post, or has bothered to say anything of substance is peculiar if not incompetent.

If they have any news to share, they could find a clever 3rd grader to share it here: https://www.remarms.com/news/ . They are never around when you need them. The only person you can sell a secret to is a spy. What does anyone expect, Mossberg / CZ / TriStar or Browning to promote them? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:28 am 
Crown Grade

It’s been a long time since I took marketing in college and things have probably changed but I thought that advertising preceded product placement. I haven’t seen any ads for Remarms products. I’d definitely go to Scheel’s to have a look at a new 870. I might even buy a 11-87 or 1100 in 20ga if they appear but yeah, you have to let people know.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:08 am 
Crown Grade

Not uncommon in the restaurant world to do a soft start with no advertising and open only to word of mouth friends and family to work the kinks out on food prep, service, etc before moving to a grand opening and being swamped. That may be what is happening here. New RemGun likely has limited production capacity and is just getting product out the door and working on supply and distribution issues. Once it feels it has somewhat of a handle on things I would expect a broader announcement/ splash. Not saying right or wrong but you keep the stubbed toes to a min and limit downside negative feedback that could cripple the startup. As seen they have no lack of critics already by people who aren’t even customers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:31 am 
Crown Grade

Patently Obvious wrote:
Not uncommon in the restaurant world to do a soft start with no advertising and open only to word of mouth friends and family to work the kinks out on food prep, service, etc before moving to a grand opening and being swamped. That may be what is happening here. New RemGun likely has limited production capacity and is just getting product out the door and working on supply and distribution issues. Once it feels it has somewhat of a handle on things I would expect a broader announcement/ splash. Not saying right or wrong but you keep the stubbed toes to a min and limit downside negative feedback that could cripple the startup. As seen they have no lack of critics already by people who aren’t even customers.

That`s an interesting thought and speculation. It`ll be interesting to watch. I`m sure this is a tough business in which to be trying to restart a company, even one with the Remington name recognition. It`s interesting to note that according to earlier posters that 870s that are making it to racks are being sold, even without widespread advertisement.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:51 am 
Crown Grade

Also pandemic supply chain issues are hurting many well established businesses with critical shortages all over the board. Being a new startup, with no credit history, and no established customer/supplier relationships they probably aren’t top of the list to get RMs that may be in short supply.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:59 am 
Tournament Grade

It sounds as though the new 870s are selling without any advertising. It would appear as though RemArms is simply putting the product on shelves and banking on the 870 selling as it always has in the past. As someone on here mentioned before, many consumers are unaware Remington went bankrupt. If the gun is selling, why would RemArms bother advertising?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 am 
Crown Grade

Good point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next